HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #1
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 172 Times in 38 Posts
Default Strange Coincidence...... or...... ?

So a few weeks ago I send a torque convertor from NY to Trans Specialties in PA with Fedex..... usually that's one to two days tops.... get an email notification that the shipment is delayed..... never gets delivered.... gone... never seen or heard from again (including calling Fedex and putting a tracer on the package).

Last week I send a convertor to ATI.... same deal.... a day... two days tops.... get a notification its out for delivery.... doesn't get delivered.... get another notification that shipment is delayed............

Someone has to be stealing these things.... how the hell can a 25 pound converter get lost in a fedex truck. I have the serial numbers... if anyone should happen to see either an ATI 8" convertor or a Trans specialties 9" convertor on a for sale sight please give me a heads up.
oh yeah.... and when you have to ship - don't use fedex
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:01 PM   #2
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,071 Times in 765 Posts
Default Re: Strange Coincidence...... or...... ?

FedEx delays the past 90 days have effected our business exponentially.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:05 PM   #3
Henrys Toy

Liked 453 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo DiTocco View Post
So a few weeks ago I send a torque convertor from NY to Trans Specialties in PA with Fedex..... usually that's one to two days tops.... get an email notification that the shipment is delayed..... never gets delivered.... gone... never seen or heard from again (including calling Fedex and putting a tracer on the package).

Last week I send a convertor to ATI.... same deal.... a day... two days tops.... get a notification its out for delivery.... doesn't get delivered.... get another notification that shipment is delayed............

Someone has to be stealing these things.... how the hell can a 25 pound converter get lost in a fedex truck. I have the serial numbers... if anyone should happen to see either an ATI 8" convertor or a Trans specialties 9" convertor on a for sale sight please give me a heads up.
Good afternoon Angelo,
I'm not doing a plug here, but I've always used the Postal Service or UPS.
I wouldn't say either was great, but the packages arrived.
I had a Mfg. say that UPS lost the money order I gave for there product and wanted me to pay them so I could fight UPS for money.
P.S. that didn't happen. I heard other "horror stories" over the years.
Sorry about you're shipping headaches.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #4
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,587 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo DiTocco View Post

Damn, ….Fed Ex is like other companies, ….can’t find workers …it’s really put a dent in their profits this quarter …hope you insured both converters Angelo…..I only ship UPS , you pay through the nose BUT it usually gets there,….ON TIME ….
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #5
Jerry Terry

Liked 448 Times in 132 Posts

I sent a check for a automobile payoff through Fed Ex overnight 2 weeks later the bank still hadn't received the check sent a second check overnight still took 1 week to get there
Ive been selling some of my parts I've collected over time and now I only use UPS .

Jerry
Retired 3490 3492 STK SS SST
Jerry Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #6
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts

I have business accounts with FedEX, UPS and USPS.
Just sent a pair of aluminum cylinder heads via USPS due to being 25%-28% lower than FedEx and UPS, including insurance and signature confirmation.
Fully agree, USPS and UPS are faster and more reliable than FedEx right now.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #7
Curt Rees

Liked 226 Times in 47 Posts

Fed Ex and UPS all deliver to our shop every day. Fed Ex has come to our shop in U-Haul vans, private vehicles, in uniform and in civilian clothes. UPS usually is in uniform, but have used U-Haul also.

Delivery is not consistent, can be anytime of the day. They all used to be morning delivery and on time. Not any more.

USPS has been consistent, normal delivery, but we don't get freight from them. Agreed, the worker shortage is the biggest issue. Fed Ex has signs all over town offering to hire.

Things are not in good shape.....country wise....Don't even ask me about product availability! We have turned into the Maytag repair man...not because stuff doesn't break, but because we can't get any product to break.

Curt Rees
Old 09-23-2021, 04:42 PM   #8
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts

I just had ten thousand dollars of Theater Subwoofers damaged by Fed Ex a couple weeks ago. Put two forks right through the side ! Had to be returned to the manufacturer and be repaired. Piss'ed the Legacy Audio folks off so much the owner of the company came to my house to look at them. He personally took them back to Illinois with him. I'm probably several weeks out from getting them back... I'm not much on Fed Ex. I used UPS whenever I can ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Legacy Damage 2.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	59950  
Old 09-23-2021, 04:50 PM   #9
Rusty Davenport

Liked 100 Times in 26 Posts

Most of our Fed Ex people look like " Federal Escaped" prison inmates and the vehicles are worse.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:06 PM   #10
Chris Hill

Liked 238 Times in 25 Posts

We ship multiple items a day from small packages to large LTL freight.

Our preference is UPS for small package. A UPS employee picks up and delivers the package.

With FedEx Ground, an independent contractor is the last mile for pickup and delivery. FedEx Ground and the independent contractors blame each other for lost packages and damages and no one will take responsibility.

We do have good success with FedEx Express for keeping their promises, especially for exports.

For LTL, we prefer FedEx Freight Priority. They are generally the best for keeping their promises. But they also have had issues recently.

Sorry about your lost converters and hopefully they show up.
Liked