Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-14-2020, 09:50 PM   #31
BILL TAYLOR

Liked 186 Times in 57 Posts
Default Re: Class Racer Nationals ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Ken,

I honestly wish you all the best of luck on putting this together but, just reading the comments already bring back memories of 2013. I know everyone is itching to go racing but, I can speak about my partnership with Lee & Brian in 2012 when we put .90 and Stk / SS together and when I tried to keep their Combo in Hills race going for 2013 because Brian and Lee were entering PS Racing with Kevin. The chat board will explode with people saying they're coming but, won't show up or some with disagree because your not doing fuel check, heads-up or making it a combo event and not separate and they won't attend.

All I can say to help cover your rear, I'd make it a pre-entry deal and say if they don't pre-enter they don't race, kind of like how Pete & Kyle do with the Spring Flings. I know it's a crappy deal to do to handcuff people but, if you go through with it and the slightest chance of weather rolls in (And we know Numidia is about as Unpredictable as they come with weather) people won't attend. I know it's a big risk for a promoter to shell out the money for rental, purses, etc and I don't want to see you get hurt on it but, take it from experience at Numidia it's a tough sell on only 4 weeks of promoting or less depending on when the "Call" is made for Maple Grove and looking at NHRA record with cancellations so far for Nationals, you looking at the week before Labor Day. I'm just throwing it out there and if you do it, good luck because I'm planning on something similar for the .90 crew that same weekend, track is lined up but, can't say anything till the Nationals are cancelled but, it doesn't look promising if Yellow Bullet just bit the dust in Maryland and that was a little less strict then PA is.
Rob, that's very good advice, and knowing you, I know your heart is in the right place. I was there when the "Combo In The Hills" crapped out. But this is a very different situation now. Back then there were alot of other options to race, so missing "The Combo" was not your only chance to race. Not so now! I would expect a decent or better turn out. Just my 2cents.P.S. I'll be there if Joe promises to stay in A/S. LOL

Last edited by BILL TAYLOR; 08-14-2020 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Add Joe HAHA.
BILL TAYLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:58 PM   #32
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,011 Times in 1,224 Posts

Quote:
Ken,

I honestly wish you all the best of luck on putting this together but, just reading the comments already bring back memories of 2013. I know everyone is itching to go racing but, I can speak about my partnership with Lee & Brian in 2012 when we put .90 and Stk / SS together and when I tried to keep their Combo in Hills race going for 2013 because Brian and Lee were entering PS Racing with Kevin. The chat board will explode with people saying they're coming but, won't show up or some with disagree because your not doing fuel check, heads-up or making it a combo event and not separate and they won't attend.

All I can say to help cover your rear, I'd make it a pre-entry deal and say if they don't pre-enter they don't race, kind of like how Pete & Kyle do with the Spring Flings. I know it's a crappy deal to do to handcuff people but, if you go through with it and the slightest chance of weather rolls in (And we know Numidia is about as Unpredictable as they come with weather) people won't attend. I know it's a big risk for a promoter to shell out the money for rental, purses, etc and I don't want to see you get hurt on it but, take it from experience at Numidia it's a tough sell on only 4 weeks of promoting or less depending on when the "Call" is made for Maple Grove and looking at NHRA record with cancellations so far for Nationals, you looking at the week before Labor Day. I'm just throwing it out there and if you do it, good luck because I'm planning on something similar for the .90 crew that same weekend, track is lined up but, can't say anything till the Nationals are cancelled but, it doesn't look promising if Yellow Bullet just bit the dust in Maryland and that was a little less strict then PA is.
Rob,

With all do respect, I was looking for feedback from racers that would like to see this happen, not from other promoters. Unlike most promoters, I'm not in this for money, and if is cost me, than so be it. You should have emailed me about the downsides, which by the way I already know, not post it and possible discourage some racers. I'm very close to Peter and Kyle and I know what I'm in for.

If I can get 60 cars in each class it will be a win win for this race. Many racers have two cars and I'm even thinking of cars that can run both Stock and Super Stock could double up. There are lots of things I can to make this race attractive. Giveaways, best packages, quick 8 race included in the $150 entry fee.

Thanks for your input, but it was misplaced here.

Guys, on a more positive note. I will have a more info coming on Tuesday, and thanks so much everyone for your support and suggestions.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:16 PM   #33
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

You all need to support these type of events...don't complain about how your mad about certain races when you have a good one being put together

Last edited by BKSG1198; 08-14-2020 at 10:43 PM.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #34
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,011 Times in 1,224 Posts

Chill bud, your taking this to personal. I ask for racers opinions not promoters. And if you re read my post you can see I know what the pit falls are, I have been doing this racing thing for over 40 years.

You have now taken I positive thread and gone negative. If you have nothing positive to say, please do not post. If you want to continue this, please email or pm me, this is not the place for it.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:26 PM   #35
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL TAYLOR View Post
Rob, that's very good advice, and knowing you, I know your heart is in the right place. I was there when the "Combo In The Hills" crapped out. But this is a very different situation now. Back then there were alot of other options to race, so missing "The Combo" was not your only chance to race. Not so now! I would expect a decent or better turn out. Just my 2cents.P.S. I'll be there if Joe promises to stay in A/S. LOL
Bill,
I really hope it takes off and the event it huge for you guys. I know it's been a frustrating year to have delay after delay, cancelation and cancelation. We should all be sitting in the field at Cecil right now having a cold beverage but, we all know that story. Good Luck Bill and the rest of everyone who makes it to this event, I hope it's maybe the beginning of a tradition at Numidia!

Last edited by BKSG1198; 08-14-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Liked
Old 08-14-2020, 10:31 PM   #36
BILL TAYLOR

Liked 186 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Woah, first off Ken I wasn't trying to discourage you or anyone from having this event and I'm a little ticked off that you came at me that way you did. In my book as an admin of a site that was uncalled for because you would have banned people in the .90 section for coming back at someone like that. I've done nothing but, help you try to get portions of this site more views but, now I know my place. I'm just telling you from past experiences what I've run into....it's called looking out for a fellow racer to hope they don't go down the same path that you did. I love Numidia, the Dimino Family and the track and for over 15 years of running my series up on the mountain it has been a struggle to get .90, Stk or SS cars to attend races unless it's NHRA Divisional type events. I gave you a word of advise to help you not get burned, trust me ask ANY of my racers if I'm in it for the money and the answer would be NO, I do it because ZI love Drag Racing of all types, so take it how you want to take it obviously I know my place now....

Good Luck in your event, I hope it's huge and you prove all of us wrong....Peace!!
Rob, you know I love you and Sr. like brothers, but I think your opinion would have been better served by a phone call or email. Sorry!
BILL TAYLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:43 PM   #37
Billy Harper

Liked 138 Times in 22 Posts

Like the race👍 I am in but I think you need heads up and no buy backs to keep it a class race other wise it’s just a bracket race Just my 2 cents
Old 08-14-2020, 10:43 PM   #38
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Problem Solved....

Old 08-15-2020, 12:10 PM   #39
Joe DeMarzo

Liked 114 Times in 9 Posts

Ken, great idea and I am interested in racing both days. Any format is good, look forward to any updates.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:07 PM   #40
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 688 Times in 182 Posts

Ken
Any “long distance crew members” awards ??
Lol