HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 12-02-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
StompNDump

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Setting Up Suspension for SG

I see a bunch of roadsters not running any wheelie bars or they are set very high. I assume they want a big wheelie etc. but what are the benefits on a roadster having it come so high up? I always thought that was wasted momentum going up instead or forward. How does everyone set there suspension.
StompNDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts
Default Re: Setting Up Suspension for SG

a lot of Super class racers leave the bars off because we go on the stop immediately after the release and dont really carry them out that far .
I leave mine off for that reason ,plus I have to remove them for loading and tie down anyway.
The wheelstand is very soft ,even if it goes up a foot or two because its not being carried out under full throttle.
And ,some guys just like wheelstands !
Old 12-02-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
StompNDump

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

So basically the wheel stand is just for show? No added advantage of doing so? My bars dont need to come off for loading or unloading so maybe I would just leave them on.
StompNDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StompNDump View Post
So basically the wheel stand is just for show? No added advantage of doing so? My bars dont need to come off for loading or unloading so maybe I would just leave them on.
Some cars need to yank the wheels up to hit the tree ,others don't . ..Horsepower ,converter ,chassis setup ,driver all factor in .
letting my car do a bit of a wheel stand helps eat a little 60' so I don't need as much in the timer.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #5
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

My dragster is much, much faster than my door car. My door car does wheelies though, so I usually leave the dragster to sit in the garage.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #6
sst5167

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Like most things, there are many different opinions and ways to go about making a super gas car work.
Wheelie bars are set high, or left off because they can cause the tire to "unload." The car is usually already coming on the throttle stop while it's riding the bars. The power being taken away while on the bars hard is what can cause the car to unload.
Like said before, some guys like to get their car to "jump" out of the lights for a quicker reaction time. But it can also slow your e.t. down so you need less time in the throttle stop timer, which will allow the car to come back to wide open throttle sooner for a bigger top end charge.
sst5167 is offline   Reply With Quote