HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-06-2019, 09:47 PM   #171
Kingpen

Liked 51 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Index Change Rumor

I can’t run .500 under......Will somebody please explain to me,as I asked in a previous post,what were the great things that happened the last time indexes were lowered?it got rid of some cars who could not run fast enough,is that supposed to be a good thing?did it stop people from running too fast and getting hp?did it make the fast cars not be the fast cars anymore?Yes,I know it is a performance based category and I’m glad it is,but just how fast do you have to go........to be World Champ.....? Victor Penrod
Kingpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:19 PM   #172
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts
Post Re: Index Change Rumor

.3 here, .5 there.....That's what you call "getting nickel-&-dimed to death"! Just as you start reaching for that dollar on the ground, somebody pulls the string that's attached to it.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:27 AM   #173
Quo Pro Joe

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Whatever the horsepower factor is for a given STOCK Eliminator combo,the Super Stock factor should be the SAME or higher.

I will never understand how a combo like a 1997 LT1 can be rated at 358 in Stock,but it drops to 279 in Super Stock.

SUPER means MORE modifications allowed.So if the Stock factor is 358,the Super Stock factor should be at least 358.

That might make it tougher to run under the index for some that find it so easy.
Quo Pro Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:39 AM   #174
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts

I have not read on any of the posts where a Stock racer is asking for an decrease in the indexes. Now as far as the AHFS my opinion is it should at least keep up with the increased performances over the last 15 years. BP

Last edited by B Parker; 12-08-2019 at 12:20 AM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:40 AM   #175
Paul Precht

Liked 223 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo Pro Joe View Post
Whatever the horsepower factor is for a given STOCK Eliminator combo,the Super Stock factor should be the SAME or higher.

I will never understand how a combo like a 1997 LT1 can be rated at 358 in Stock,but it drops to 279 in Super Stock.

SUPER means MORE modifications allowed.So if the Stock factor is 358,the Super Stock factor should be at least 358.

That might make it tougher to run under the index for some that find it so easy.
The Stockers keep getting SS parts so there is less distance between them than before. Stockers are qualifying well in SS and you want the SS cars to carry a higher HP factor than they are, any more and the Stockers will be running faster than the SS cars in the SS class. Look at the bump for Indy, SSers are almost a tenth behind the Stockers, if anything they should have a higher factor in relation to the SSers.

Last edited by Paul Precht; 12-07-2019 at 01:24 AM.
Paul Precht is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #176
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 179 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Precht View Post
The Stockers keep getting SS parts so there is less distance between them than before. Stockers are qualifying well in SS and you want the SS cars to carry a higher HP factor than they are, any more and the Stockers will be running faster than the SS cars in the SS class. Look at the bump for Indy, SSers are almost a tenth behind the Stockers, if anything they should have a higher factor in relation to the SSers.
Terms like Modified Stock, Super Stock Lite, Comp Stock.
Stock is just a Camshaft away from the upper classes.

Want to get back to Stock.
NHRA will have to Reinstate the Blueprint cam rule..!
Hell for reliability include Roller Lifter and Rockers.
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:40 PM   #177
Dave Noll

Liked 217 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
I have not read on any of the posts where a Stock racer is asking for an decrease in the indexes. BP
Not over all. But for my particular combo I probably will be asking but I want to get everything out of it before I do. And I have a lot to try.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #178
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 350 Times in 91 Posts
Exclamation Re: Index Change Rumor

So Dan Fahey ... and I agree...
do you think the cam / lifter / spring / rocker manufacturers are gonna let that happen 😂😂 >>> really it would cut 50% off cost of motor if we went back to duration & spring rules ... think about it all the other stuff not worth the 💰💰💰 if those rules remained 😡
Liked
Old 12-09-2019, 08:28 AM   #179
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo Pro Joe View Post

It's not that simple. There are significant differences in the index between the Stock and Super Stock classes.

What class does a 1997 LT1 run in Stock and SS and what are the respective indexes?
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:23 AM   #180
Jon Sarrett

Liked 136 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS3718 View Post
It's not that simple. There are significant differences in the index between the Stock and Super Stock classes.

What class does a 1997 LT1 run in Stock and SS and what are the respective indexes?
Stock A - C 11.00 - 11.40
SS I - K 10.70 - 11.25