Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #31
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: Credit cards at the gate for entry....what is the proble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
So don't shop at the big box stores. If you vote with your feet /wallet, the free market will lead them to change their business practices, and/or the local small business will thrive by providing the service that others do not.
right on
Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #32
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

At our dealership we take cash, credit cards, checks, barter, bear rugs, ice chest of shirimp, beer (2 for 1), Mardi Gras Beads (minimum 48 inch 10 MM bead), alligator skins, live gators (not too big), promises, and more that I can't remember now. Swapped a used car for braces one time(3 kids).
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #33
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Somehow we aren't surprised......lol. But I would do the same thing.....Maybe I should do some shopping when I come down....I have some snow to swap????
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #34
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

I don't know if you boys are qualified to trade with us Southern Gentlemen. We do things a little different down here as you attendees of the Cajun Sportsnationals might have observed.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #35
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
I don't know if you boys are qualified to trade with us Southern Gentlemen. We do things a little different down here as you attendees of the Cajun Sportsnationals might have observed.
in other words watch Cajun Pawn Stars for a reference, Jeff taught "Big Daddy" how its done.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #36
Carl Weisinger

Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: Credit cards at the gate for entry....what is the proble

Quote:
Originally Posted by boster View Post
Carl , nice post but in most business the customer is always right . In this day most people dont carry cash and most prefer plastic or debit . Its the same as cash and has been proven to help business not hurt it .

By the looks of the car count you could have used a few more cars . If you need a good card processor let me know . Current rates are about 1.86%
Bo, . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The only thing missing from your dig about the car count was the "LOL".

LOL

Carl
Carl Weisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #37
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 940 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
I went to best Buy at 9:45 am and there were around 15 people waiting to get in The opening time was 10am .. the doors were closed and we all could see the employees in the store .
Unless this store had recently changed its hours of operation, why would you and 15 other people get annoyed that the store was not be open outside of its posted business hours? If the store has a sign that states that opening time is 10.00 am, I would hardly be suprised to find the doors locked until 10.00 am. Maybe these people need to line up outside a store that sells watches, or learn to tell time. Do you think that if your TV dies at 1.30 am, that the Best Buy should have a phone number on the door so you could call the manager at 2.00 am to open the store so you can buy another TV so you don`t miss a Matlock marathon? Lets be realistic here.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #38
Dinsdale

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Unless this store had recently changed its hours of operation, why would you and 15 other people get annoyed that the store was not be open outside of its posted business hours? If the store has a sign that states that opening time is 10.00 am, I would hardly be suprised to find the doors locked until 10.00 am. Maybe these people need to line up outside a store that sells watches, or learn to tell time. Do you think that if your TV dies at 1.30 am, that the Best Buy should have a phone number on the door so you could call the manager at 2.00 am to open the store so you can buy another TV so you don`t miss a Matlock marathon? Lets be realistic here.

LOL...

Happens all the time. It's actually funny to be inside a business while people walk up, and pull on the locked door. They then read what the hours are and try the door again. Walk 1/2 way back to their car then come back for 1 more try at the door. If it says 10, then it is 10! There is stuff to do to get ready for opening so employees need to be inside early.