HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
Ideal Classic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1963 Max wedge Tom ward or bud spears

Does anyone know about the 1963 Plymouth savoy run by Tom ward then by bud spears in Florida? I do know tom ward called the car tommy's toy and won the 1973 ihra nationals ss/ea in lakeland Florida.
Bud spears purchased the car around late 73 to early 74. Bud painted the car blue and red and lettered with stark motors parts? Any information or in formation on the 73 nationals would the helpful. I just purchased the car and want to restore it
Ideal Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
Chris DeGidio

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: 1963 Max wedge Tom ward or bud spears

We used to see it every weekend when we raced at Gainesville,when Bud had the car. I saw it on the internet a few years ago in not great of shape,and it was missing the front end sheetmetal.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
Ideal Classic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 1963 Max wedge Tom ward or bud spears

It wasn't in great shape. A guy in Kentucky purchased it and it changed hands a couple of different times. I just purchased the car with plans on doing a full restoration on the car starting this winter. Yes a big project but I have always wanted a super stock car.

If you have any info pics or publications of the car please let me know. I love learning the history of these automobiles.
Ideal Classic is offline   Reply With Quote