HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Top Sportsman and Top Dragster

Old 02-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
EVIL CLOWN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: New Events for 2010 at Lebanon Valley Dragway

Can some one please tell me what the pay out in super pro is on sundays
EVIL CLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

For the last several years it has been based on car count, $10 for every car (i.e. 60 cars = $600 to win).

From what I understand they may be modifying it for this year BUT I haven't seen or heard anything official yet. There was talk they may increase entry fees to increase the pay out.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #13
EVIL CLOWN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So this quick 32 class is going to be like a atco big money race to the local bracket racer . Help me understand . They are going to pay 1500 to win if they get 32 cars 30 at the gate for the track and 100 for the race and have a sponsor so why are they not paying 100% of the 100 back to the racer. My friend used to run that quick race at that long island track and guys used to get pissed off at him when he enterd his 10.60 nova. Is this race put together for the lvd racers and they don't need any outside cars. They still have the same problem that a lot of the other tracks that try quick 16 and 32s they need support and one way to get it is MAKE IT WORTH GOING TO.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #14
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is complete payback from the 100 dollar entry

1,500 to win + 700 to RU + 300 for semis X2 + 100 for Quarters X 4 =3,200 total

I know a lot of people compare to Atco. I myself run a lot of the money races at atco. Why wouldnt they its a top notch facility that runs top notch races. Not to mention IMHO its the toughest bracket racing in the country. That being said I have never been to an atco race where you can win 1,500 dollars for going 5 rounds. I have been down to the 7th and 8th round of a few money races and not gotten more than 6 or 7 hundred dollars. Thats with a race that averages 3-400 cars + buyback money. Even there superbucks races are 300 dollars a round I believe starting with 3rd round loser. So 6th round looser gets 1,200 dollars. Thats on a 350 dollar entry fee and thats only if the race goes 9 rounds.

My question is what do people realistically see as being worth their while? Is there a certain number that you would travel for?

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
lvdracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

B.J.
YOUR RIGHT 5 ROUNDS FOR $1500 GOOD DEAL. MAKE THE QUARTERS AND GET BACK YOUR ENTRY.
MY MATH IS NOT GOOD BUT SOUNDS LIKE YOU WIN 2 ROUNDS YOUR IN THE $$.
GRANTED IF SOMEONE STEPPED UP ANOTHER SPONSOR OR? AND PUT UP ANOTHER $500 A RACE AND SAY $1650 1ST $850 2ND AND $400 SEMI.
THAT MIGHT DRAW SOME MORE RACERS BUT LIKE YOU SAID,WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET THESE GUYS UP HERE?
lvdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #16
EVIL CLOWN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The point I was trying to make is that the guys running in super are only getting 500 or 600 to win a race on sunday then if your 32 class on sat. with such a soft 1149 max. will draw those guys in and then you will fill your feilds ,but it will be far from a ouick race for sure. I have race at island dragway and there pay outs some times with only 30 some cars has been 600 now they are talking 1000 to win but I am sure thats just talk. What would it take for guys like me to go to a race like your would only take running faster cars not taking anything away from the slower guys and not taking all our money. I still can't understand that if you have a sponsor and take all that money at the gate how come the pay out is so weak
Old 02-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #17
EVIL CLOWN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Mr hemi I will try not to drool as much. I don't know what the hell I am thinking this is the same deal this place had last year when they did a t/d race. I think mabey they should take this and make some good paying super pro races so the guys that support this track can race for. I have a message for all the track owners out there they all need to go down south and see how some of these tracks do it and how they treat there racers 1st stop should be MIR. This is no being EVIL . It may help to try and make it work for them. AND THE NOVA GOES 8.60's and it my girls car .
Old 02-11-2010, 11:48 PM   #18
EVIL CLOWN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Some tracks can put alot of money up and still will not get any cars. A few years ago my freind with a real promod car was called by this track for a so called night of thrills and was ask if he can find a second car.so he called us up and ask us , and we said find out how much we were getting to go up there on a wednesday ? He called us back and told us to forget it they told him 600 dollars for both cars. It's a shame they have the best fans up there. Just ask the URC sprint club why they will never go back to run there.It's nice to get to a track on wednesday and have to park in the mud.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #19
EVIL CLOWN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey did I say the nova was my girls hahahah .Is that camaro you got red with a white strip down the side ?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #20
lvdracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guys,
How much money for 1st would it take for you to come up?
32 car field 5rds racing. $300 a round win for 1st. Just curious.
Lets be real about it also, in a bad economy.

Why don't you guys bring up some balls and juggle them or pull a blown hemi out of a hat ,isn't that what clowns do?
You might get free entry for that.
lvdracer is offline   Reply With Quote