HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 11-22-2020, 12:58 AM   #1
Randy Wells

Liked 963 Times in 297 Posts
Default Shut the lounge down

Ken,

My opinion only, but this is a racing forum, there are a few people on here that want to keep pushing buttons. My vote is to shut the lounge down, there are thousands of venues to vent your political preferences on the WWW. I love this forum for the racing community to come together and share stories, tech info and racing talk. Some people stir up emotions and I for one will not be a silent sheep, they will not silence me. Yeah i can just not click on it and try to ignore it but that is not in my DNA. If the squad doesn't like it maybe they will go troll somewhere else

Randy Wells
I/s 5628

Last edited by Randy Wells; 11-22-2020 at 01:04 AM.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:05 AM   #2
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 653 Times in 253 Posts
Default Re: Shut the lounge down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
Ken,

My opinion only, but this is a racing forum, there are a few people on here that want to keep pushing buttons. My vote is to shut the lounge down, there are thousands of venues to vent your political preferences on the WWW. I love this forum for the racing community to come together and share stories, tech info and racing talk. Some people stir up emotions and I for one will not be a silent sheep, they will not silence me. Yeah i can just not click on it and try to ignore it but that is not in my DNA.

Randy Wells
I/s 5628
You stated we can not silence you but you want to silence us by removing a section that can be ignored if your not wanting to read.
Jeff Stout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #3
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

Well folks, my opinion on this would be for the people posting on the lounge to get out to the garage, get rid of their expensive TV packages, take the monies saved by getting rid of their expensive TV packages and get a "Dime Rocket"! Spend their spare time "playing" with their "Dime Rockets" and prove that they are really Racers and not just some A-holes stirring up s#!t on a RACERS forum. Age and health are not excuses. If they are too fragile and feeble to "play" with "toys" in their garages then they're probably too feeble to be watching politics on TV.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
Yo Ken
Administrator

Liked 557 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Ken,

My opinion only, but this is a racing forum, there are a few people on here that want to keep pushing buttons. My vote is to shut the lounge down, there are thousands of venues to vent your political preferences on the WWW. I love this forum for the racing community to come together and share stories, tech info and racing talk. Some people stir up emotions and I for one will not be a silent sheep, they will not silence me. Yeah i can just not click on it and try to ignore it but that is not in my DNA. If the squad doesn't like it maybe they will go troll somewhere else

Randy Wells
I/s 5628

I understand, but I don't want to shut the lounge down. I will be more diligent in closing threads or removing them when politics are involved. There are some interesting topic here at times.

I promise I will stay on top of things.

Ken
Old 11-22-2020, 09:56 AM   #5
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Ken,

Randy Wells
I/s 5628
Randy, have you noticed there have been 36 thousand views of "Musical Tastes" in the lounge since last summer? Why would you want to "shot gun approach" the lounge? That's being narrow minded. Maybe you meant shut down the political post, which Ken has already spoke of.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:13 AM   #6
Randy Wells

Liked 963 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Randy, have you noticed there have been 36 thousand views of "Musical Tastes" in the lounge since last summer? Why would you want to "shot gun approach" the lounge? That's being narrow minded. Maybe you meant shut down the political post, which Ken has already spoke of.
Jeff,

I agree the lounge does have its purpose, myself I am done with the political BS. I took down my campaign signs 2 days after the election looking forward to next season. Like Billy said I am staying plenty busy on the new car.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:56 AM   #7
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 289 Posts

While some of the posts in The Lounge are real dumpster fires I just don't read them.

That whole forum can be easily ignored and that is pretty much what I do.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #8
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 833 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Jeff,

I agree the lounge does have its purpose, myself I am done with the political BS. I took down my campaign signs 2 days after the election looking forward to next season. Like Billy said I am staying plenty busy on the new car.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628
That's more like it !
Old 11-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #9
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 331 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nees View Post
well folks, my opinion on this would be for the people posting on the lounge to get out to the garage, get rid of their expensive tv packages, take the monies saved by getting rid of their expensive tv packages and get a "dime rocket"! Spend their spare time "playing" with their "dime rockets" and prove that they are really racers and not just some a-holes stirring up s#!t on a racers forum. Age and health are not excuses. If they are too fragile and feeble to "play" with "toys" in their garages then they're probably too feeble to be watching politics on tv.
I love you Billy!!
Dave Turner #3110
D & E/SA ‘72 Mustang

Last edited by Dave Turner; 11-22-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:07 PM   #10
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Randy, please don’t let the LITTLE TARDLINGS get under your skin.....Anyone who thinks PERVERT JOE and CAMEL A are the answer NEEDS to have their head examined....GOOD luck on the new car.....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote