HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-09-2020, 12:52 PM   #11
TBear5033

Liked 83 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: For the people in the back!!

Tyler, First THANK YOU for putting this together. I just caught some of your comments on the Class Racing Today podcast and am super excited to put this race on my schedule for next year. Since you asked for input and feedback, here's a few things for you to consider:
1. Don't cap the entries - it limits your potential revenue unnecessarily. Let people come (the facility can handle it) and let it fund the race. This happens at NHRA races - the last Sportsnationals in Bowling Green had more than 128 stockers and a bunch went home empty handed. Having an alternative race for non-qualifiers should be plenty incentive.
2. Love the fact that you have 3 quality tech guys coming - it brings a level of integrity to the race
3. Although I love the idea of winning big money, guaranteed round money will bring out a lot more racers to pay an entry fee than a 'winner take all' opportunity
4. Pre-entry is a great idea, but I suggest allowing additional cars to show up at the track and get in. Schedules change, weather concerns, etc and some folks can't/won't commit to an early entry. You could consider either a pre-entry discount or a 'on-site' surcharge to encourage folks to pre-enter
5. I'm sure that you're all over this, but please do not forget about track prep. With only class cars running at the event, it will put pressure on the track staff to stay ahead of the starting line - especially if it's cold. Good thing for St Louis, they have a VERY EXPERIENCED new team member from Norwalk who probably knows what is needed, but the fastest way to upset racers is to have traction issues.

That's my input for now, but if I think of more stuff, I'll share it with you.
Again, thanks for all your effort and hard work to pull this together - see you in March!
Rachell
T-Bear Racing
TBear5033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #12
Dyno

Liked 525 Times in 173 Posts

I agree on all your suggestions. One of the reasons I feel the local races do well is that the first round winner gets some $$$ back. Also, being as early as it is in the season, many northern racers will be just getting the cars out, so being able to pay at the gate will help over all car count. Dyno
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-10-2020, 07:49 PM   #13
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler B View Post
Thank you Mike! Reach out to him and call me. I was going to be working on that soon and didn’t know how to go about it. Let me know what he says! A lot of factors brought us to the Easter weekend date. I know it’s not perfect, but I’m trying my best to give you guys something else to do.
Tyler..
I messaged Kevin Cooke and he got back to me and RFC has 2 working @ WWTR ..
he said just to check back closer to time as a reminder...
I can do that if you like...
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-11-2020, 04:37 PM   #14
Ellis V Buth

Liked 274 Times in 53 Posts

Tyler, I love the idea and I plan on being there. With any luck, we'll have 3 or 4 cars there!

You got my concerns and questions in your PM's on FB the other day. Thanks for your prompt responses on those!
Ellis V Buth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:26 AM   #15
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 3,773 Times in 869 Posts

Any solid updates?
Old 11-23-2020, 12:15 PM   #16
Capri

Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts

As alot of people on here know, 20 years ago was THE U.S. Classnationals. The date was chosen based on 2 assumptions. 1, availability. Byron always had something going on. We were able to get something fit into their schedule on a shorter notice. 2, that the NHRA and IHRA would have somewhat of an involvement, and be good enough to NOT put a race up agianst us. Thus giving any racer who wanted to race the event a choice to race or stay home. As opposed to Race here, or there. Denver was not actually on their schedule yet when we approached them to have discussions. NHRA CHOSE to put Denver against our race. NHRA also said they would not change their date.

In our case, Byron was chosen for they way they operated by getting cars down the track. 20 years later, Id still do it again, and right back at that place. 150 degrees in the shade or not.

Tyler, If I can help you in any way, just ask. I will see where I can.

Denysenko.
Capri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:19 AM   #17
Bob Sherwood

Liked 329 Times in 50 Posts

For anyone interested, there is a flyer about the race @Racederbycity.com. this looks like a great opportunity to race early in the year!!! they are also having a comp race by invitation only 😢 been waiting by the phone but???
Bob Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #18
Barry Polley

Liked 538 Times in 222 Posts

I received the flyer from Scooter. Passed it on to all the guys I know out here.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:05 PM   #19
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Firstly, I would like to say THANK YOU to Tyler the GREAT for this opportunity to race for big bucks. Secondly, if you don’t know the Bohannon family, you are missing out....They are wonderful folks...I have seen the flyer on FB but had a real hard time reading the rules..(old eyes) ....Are you capping the entries at 128 stockers OR , are you qualifying the fastest 128 stockers from let’s say 150 entries ? MJ .....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #20
Tyler B

Liked 111 Times in 9 Posts

Hey guys!

Apologies for taking a while to respond. I will post an update on here tomorrow as well but below I will give you the basics.

I have attempted to blow the rules up a little better and will put that in with my post tomorrow

Any and all info can be found on our site racederbycity.com or Facebook.

Comp eliminator will be turning into an open field as long as you pre enter on our site January 12th. So if you’re comp racer, you want to be in on this. Over 32 cars pays $10,000 to win!!!!!

Pre entry date is JANUARY 12th. ONCE AGAIN, PRE ENTRY OPENS JANUARY 12.

We will capping this race at 128 stockers and 128 super stockers. That could change in the future but for this one, we will leave it like that.

Mr. D, THANK YOU! Having the support means a lot! You know scheduling isn’t easy! I’ll more than likely get a hold of you with questions. Never can be too knowledgable.

Also guys, as always. Feel FREE to contact me 502-417-0008 if I’m not responding on here, or if you just want to talk for a bit!

Last edited by Tyler B; 12-03-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Tyler B is offline   Reply With Quote