HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 05-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #21
JRyan

Liked 104 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: No start issue Holley HP EFI

Yeah originally went from v4 to v5. Wish I'd have left it alone.
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:00 PM   #22
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 838 Times in 292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Best fix I found. Ended up giving my Holley system away.
They have sold over 40 thousand of those units Ed. When we went to their school, Boburka, Fagnoli and myself were the only drag racers in the entire class. 21 students. People are putting those things in dune buggies, swamp and jet boats, motorcycles, off shore cigarette boats,and most of all, hot rod 9 and 10 second street cars ! They don't have much problems with them. Almost always it's a installation mistake, lack of knowledge setting them up and programming them..

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 05-29-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:12 PM   #23
KRatcliff

Liked 502 Times in 135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
They have sold over 40 thousand of those units Ed. When we went to their school, Boburka, Fagnoli and myself were the only drag racers in the entire class. 21 students. People are putting those things in dune buggies, swamp and jet boats, motorcycles, off shore cigarette boats,and most of all, hot rod 9 and 10 second street cars ! They don't have much problems with them. Almost always it's a installation mistake, lack of knowledge setting them up and programming them..
They are a good system and so is BS3, but I cannot stand the complications that some of these systems exhibit when making changes vs. the FAST XFI we use in all our stuff. We don't have a lot of time to test our stuff and haven't used a dyno in over 10 years. It is imperative that we know if a change actually helped or hurt. Our only feedback is down the track and those are pretty rare.

I cannot remember the last time we made a change on a FAST that it didn't take and we immediately knew if it helped or hurt. We aren't the brightest guys around so the last thing we need is a bunch of noise in our heads worrying if the computer actually made the change to the ECU. That noise interferes with our driving. I can tell you firsthand for me and I think my dad will agree that we can drive better if we aren't thinking about the car's function.

Everyone has their preferences on ECU manufacturer and how they tune. Even David Page at FAST doesn't agree with the way I tune our stuff, but we run ok.
KRatcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:22 PM   #24
JRyan

Liked 104 Times in 28 Posts

I've really had absolutely zero issues with this for 3 years up until this one so I can't complain. It's a little frustrating when it says the firmware update was successful but then the car no longer runs like it had for the prior 3 years. But for a guy that was an absolute EFI newbie when I put this car together I love the simplicity of the tuning software and now getting into the custom secondary maps for different things. It's managed to take a stock rotating assembly 6.0 ls and run 3 seasons without issue in a street car that has been 8.30's and cruises around town. Whatever this issue is it's something that I'm sure is staring me in the face and I'm just looking past it. If nothing else I'm certain Robin will get it figured out when I can't.

With that said. I'd love to spend some time with a Fast system just for comparisons sake.
Rick
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-27-2020, 02:53 PM   #25
jimmyparker

Liked 225 Times in 71 Posts

Holley recommends wins xp for operating the older 950 commanders, does anyone know if or tried a later version of wins to successfully tune the 950's?

Thanks
jimmyparker is offline   Reply With Quote