HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member
 
BKSG1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Vineland, NJ
Posts: 1,874
Likes: 17
Liked 200 Times in 72 Posts
Default Mid Atlantic .90 Race at Maple Grove Cancelled

With a lot of consideration and thought process to figure out how to do this with no real clear answer, I have decided to cancel the Maple Grove .90 Race scheduled for May 16th & 17th. Just like every track in the Northeast, Maple Grove wants to open and race just like we all do but, getting the correct answers from the state on what they can do and can't do has been frustrating on their part. One thing we want to make sure is that when we go back to racing we're doing it legally and not bending the rules just so we can go racing. To be honest we have 23 days left until we're supposed to be parking and a lot questions on my end that need to be answered to pass them onto you on how we keep everyone and everything meticulously in check?

So, we have many questions with no answers right now and I do not see any answers coming soon because our area is still a hot spot. So, we as an association must think of this all the way through and I will be honest some of you will agree with the decision and others will disagree but, this was a hard thought out process and many phone calls throughout the week to come to this final decision. We had lots of factors to look at and unfortunately the cons outweighed the pros on my end. To say being a Division Director, Race Promotor or Track Operator is already a tough task to begin with and it's now been ramped up by 100% by this Virus is an understatement. I feel right now, the safety, health and concern of our racing family is #1 in our book. I know we are all itching to get out, race and just see friends but, we have to look at the big picture. I want to get back to NORMAL like everyone else does and if one weekend not racing helps us do it, let’s do it. With this cancellation and the announcement of the Lucas Oil Race at MG being postponed it's been a stressful few week.

We have our fingers crossed and hoping to be back to racing for the July 11th & 12th Mid Atlantic .90 race at Cecil County and the 27th Annual Uncle Buck Pig Roast. Hopefully by then we have some sort of answer and policies in place from the government. I’ll be honest the Pig Roast could look a little different also if this goes off and not the normal gathering like were used too but, we’ll come to that bridge in about 2 ½ months and make sure we let you all know.

Take care and be safe
Rob Keister
Mid Atlantic .90 President
856-332-2851

Last edited by BKSG1198; 04-25-2020 at 10:52 AM.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger