HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts
Default Indy To Go or Not To Go that is the question

I'm on the fence about going. Just not crazy about the format for this year. What do you guys think? BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:43 PM   #2
TOSTO RACING

Liked 474 Times in 137 Posts
Default Re: Indy To Go or Not To Go that is the question

No Class No Go! lol.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:24 PM   #3
Cotten

Liked 485 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
I'm on the fence about going. Just not crazy about the format for this year. What do you guys think? BP
We were on the fence as well, but then decided what the hell, I've got nothing better to do.

Hope to see you there, this year or next.
Cotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:26 PM   #4
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts

No thanks. Good luck to all that go.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #5
Chip THELEGEND Johnson

Liked 280 Times in 79 Posts

With the shortened Schedule a working man may be able to save enough vacation time to go. 😁
Chip THELEGEND Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 08-05-2020, 10:11 PM   #6
nssracer

Liked 205 Times in 22 Posts

Going...live 172 miles away.
nssracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:35 PM   #7
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

I haven't been able to race much the last several years so I don't get many grade points. It's the only National Event that I can get into. I know my Brother plans on going. Mr.Tim Barret is going and I do believe this is his first. If you see him out there stop by and say Hi. Couldn't find a nicer guy. Indy has been the only track to actually give me goose bumps. It is the big go. At first I said no way but I'm falling on the going side of the fence. Barry
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:08 AM   #8
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

While this year will be different than years past, it is still the US Nationals. Mr. Brian Lohnes posted the below message on Social Media a few years back which still holds true today!

Personally, I’m excited and looking forward to the Big Go.

For 57 years, NHRA drag racers have gathered at this place outside of Indianapolis to test their mettle against the best competitors from around North America and the world. There have been moments of overachievement, stunning failure, triumph, and heartbreak.

From Jim Nicholl exploding his dragster in the lights at the end of the 1970 race to Bob Glidden appearing in 13 straight final rounds, to wondrous underdog stories like that of Kebin Kinsley last year, this ground brings out the best, most intense, and sometimes heart stopping elements of the sport I love.

There are about 850 drag racers entered to compete this year at the Chevrolet Performance US Nationals. 14 of them will hoist a Wally when we complete the event on Monday, crowning champions in categories ranging from stock eliminator to top fuel.

For me there’s nothing like this place and this week. The talent, grit, and determination of the competitors will be on full display starting this morning. They come with a bounce in their step, hope springing eternal. By the time we finish that bounce has been replaced with a purposeful stride, a furrowed brow, and laser-like focus.

Drag racing is a sport of momentary perfection. Be better than whoever is opposite you on the race track and advance. The US Nationals will end swiftly and without herald for more than 800 people. A miscue of hundredths of a second will torpedo a 1,500 mile trip (or more) to the event and allow many quiet hours of reflection on the ride home. As unforgiving as it is brutal, this race takes no prisoners.

Good luck to all that are here, preparing to compete. I admire each and every person with the guts to strap in and who dares to dream the big dream of slaying this monster. Ultimate success at the Big Go is career defining.

I look forward to shaking the hands of winners on Monday, some for the first time and some for the only time.

This is Indy, this is the Big Go, this is the one that started it all. This is your time to shine. Be safe, be fast, and be better than the guy or girl in the other lane. Just that simple.
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:41 AM   #9
Kenny Bomar

Liked 299 Times in 41 Posts

I was there 1970 near the starting line when Jim Nichol crashed me and Eddie Wilbanks were on a scooter and were at the crash site in a few minutes and saw Jim walk to the ambulance!! Will never forget it !!
Kenny Bomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:07 AM   #10
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,866 Times in 575 Posts

Without Class = We will not tow 2,000 miles again each way!
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote