HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-04-2023, 10:31 AM   #21
RKelliher

Liked 147 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: Only 48 Stockers at Epping?!?

Adam, my comments were not about low car turn out ,but about the whole race. As Billy said, it would be bad to see this race gone from the northeast. But until NHRA and NED steps up with changes, it may happen. The fans and racers deserve a better race. They can fix it if they want. I have been going to this track since the late 60's. I've seen many changes some good some bad. But I know this track could be one of the best in the east.Time to step up.
RKelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 10:34 AM   #22

Liked 925 Times in 240 Posts

2 years ago, NED almost became a warehouse, if it wasn't for the stockholders who voted it down.
Take away the national event, take some money away from the track,, and see if it holds up on the next vote. I like Epping, it just didn't fit in my schedule this year. I hope they keep getting a national event for years to come. We need to keep these NHRA tracks afloat, not decide whats best for them as we sit at the computer.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 10:50 AM   #23
BG56

Liked 277 Times in 101 Posts

Weather doesn't look good. 48 degrees going to 50. Rain in forecast through Wednesday. What now?

Last edited by BG56; 06-04-2023 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Addition
BG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 10:57 AM   #24
Adam Strang

Liked 85 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelliher View Post
Adam, my comments were not about low car turn out ,but about the whole race. As Billy said, it would be bad to see this race gone from the northeast. But until NHRA and NED steps up with changes, it may happen. The fans and racers deserve a better race. They can fix it if they want. I have been going to this track since the late 60's. I've seen many changes some good some bad. But I know this track could be one of the best in the east.Time to step up.
Robert,what changes are you looking for? It was 48* and overcast on Saturday and the stands where filled.
Old 06-04-2023, 10:59 AM   #25
Billy Pires

Liked 24 Times in 3 Posts

Now that I think about it, Epping had a SPORTSnationals back in 2020. According to DRC they had 84 stockers and almost 50 super stockers. Not bad considering it was the height of the pandemic and the Canadian racers weren’t allowed to leave their country. I think this track deserves more races! Maybe two nationals and a double divisional! Anyway, sportsman have been postponed until the divisional in August.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:05 PM   #26
RNNChrisbarnes

Liked 185 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Pires View Post
Now that I think about it, Epping had a SPORTSnationals back in 2020. According to DRC they had 84 stockers and almost 50 super stockers. Not bad considering it was the height of the pandemic and the Canadian racers weren’t allowed to leave their country. I think this track deserves more races! Maybe two nationals and a double divisional! Anyway, sportsman have been postponed until the divisional in August.
that was a one-off that Dave Mohn pushed for.

To help with the parking issue they should look at paving the back 40 to the right of the generator. Yes, it will be expensive but they need to do these things if they want to keep it. And they screwed themselves with the wetlands violation. That was a huge financial penalty they had to shell out.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:30 PM   #27
RKelliher

Adam, I'm not just refering to just this year. I'm talking about many years. Some improvement would be : Remove VIP parking in the pits, Put racer stand area back, no non motorhome parking in pits,as RNN said, pave the back forty.Take a ride through the pits, you will see areas to expand legally.I know it is a pain to deal with Brentwood, but it can be done. Make the track a better place for the fans and the racers. It can be done.
Old 06-04-2023, 01:21 PM   #28
Adam Strang

Liked 85 Times in 19 Posts

[QUOTE=RKelliher;681207]Adam, I'm not just refering to just this year. I'm talking about many years. Some improvement would be : Remove VIP parking in the pits, Put racer stand area back, no non motorhome parking in pits,as RNN said, pave the back forty.Take a ride through the pits, you will see areas to expand legally.I know it is a pain to deal with Brentwood, but it can be done. Make the track a better place for the fans and the racers. It can be done.[/QUOTE

Some of your improvements happen at all national events VIP parking in the pits,etc. Not sure if that's a track thing or an NHRA thing.

The title of the thread is 48 Stockers at Epping not what improvements need to be made at Epping.

Sportsman racers where offered the chance to withdraw due to weather. 7 decided to withdraw and I'm guessing it had nothing to do with track improvements.

Hint: IT WAS THE WEATHER.
I'm out.
Old 06-04-2023, 02:06 PM   #29
RKelliher

Adam again,I am talking about many years,not just this one. And only tracks with the room let in VIP parking. Letting people pull out without allowing others to get in is a mistake by NHRA. The VIP parking is mostly stock holders and family. NED not NHRA issue. The weather was a factor this weekend as it has been around the country. Part of racing.But when quotas are very low, drop outs make a bigger difference.
Old 06-04-2023, 04:08 PM   #30
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts

Please stop with they should let more entry’s in after drop outs
And don’t ask to allow retry to this postponed race
Not happening ever
WE AINT THE SHOW
The rudderless ship is sailing of to Bristol Tennessee