Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-18-2023, 08:35 AM   #21
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: Drain The Swamp II

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
I know Yac is in AZ and I am in Houston, Tx and this is so out of control. Our crime rates have shot through the roof here, I am locked and loaded everytime I walk out my door. Something must give, talk about putting strain on the system is lightly put.

They must stay in Mexico, I would vote in a heart beat to send our military to the border armed and instructed to keep them in Mexico whatever it takes. I am a God Fearing Man but this is taking our country down to a 3rd world country and we are better than that.

My wife and I have some wonderful friends that hispanic, they came here legally and never took a dime of help from anyone. They are prospering tax paying americans. The people that are coming over are not welcomed, they have to return back to their home countries. My and our tax dollars are going to help them, we must take care of ourselves and our country first!!

And while we are house cleaning the following people must be convicted and sent to prison: The whole Biden family, the Obama Family, the clinton family, FBI, HHS, DEA. We need a complete sweep of our government they all should be convicted this is insane that is in corruption of our governments even state and local. IT IS WE THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This seems strange, Texas and Arizona are gun states, why do you have any crime. Gov. Abbott moved $221 million from Health and Human Services (Mental Heath) to the National Guard. If crime is so bad why didn't he declare martial law or hire more police, oh that's right Texas police can't even defend 9 year old children. In Abbott's own words: "thoughts and prayers".
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 08:58 AM   #22
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
There has been a process to immigrate to this country legally for more than a century. My grandfather did it. Tens of millions have done it. Allowing others to bypass the process is criminal discrimination. So is improperly loosening the process. The process could be improved. However, it is not in the best interest of the nation to dramatically increase the number of immigrants accepted, and certainly not to loosen the requirements. The first responsibility of the United States is to its citizens, and not to potential immigrants.No, the poem on the base of the Statue of Liberty does not mean open the borders and accept everyone. That was never the intent.

It is not the responsibility of the United States to become a refugee camp for the world. It is the responsibility of the people of a nation to resolve the issues in their nation. The United States cannot go "fix"all of those corrupt nations, either. Attempts to "police the world" have ended badly as often as not.

You have some very valid points. I think something like setting up regional processing centers, initially in Guatemala and Colombia and with other locations to follow, allowing individuals from the region to be screened for entry via legal pathways to the United States, Canada, and Spain. Just a thought.

I know my great-grandparents arrived in Galveston, TX with no paperwork. They were transported to Fredericksburg, TX and filled out paperwork that was more of a census information i.e., name, age, place of birth, type of work, they did ask if they had any disease. They then packed them off to New Braunfels, TX where they meet with local farmers and became sharecroppers on a farm north of Austin. Prior to 1924 there was no paperwork, visa's, passports or quotas, people just showed up. If they had no disease they were deloused and sent on their merry way.

You are right, something needs to change.

Last edited by Eddies66; 05-18-2023 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:31 AM   #23
Randy Wells

Liked 986 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Everytime you open your mouth and spew out garbage you can thank me for my 24 honorable service defending your 1st Amendment right to be a troll hiding behind your keyboard. Big Oil more than doubled its profits in 2022 to $219 billion, smashing previous records in a year of volatile energy prices, did you get any profit sharing from Big Oil?
That machine you pushed pencils for would be dead in the water with out oil Numb N*ts. You can find me at most Div 5 races drop by and say HI. Yes I did good on BP stock. Your hero Brandon has been good for big Oil.

Randy

Last edited by Randy Wells; 05-18-2023 at 09:41 AM.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-18-2023, 10:00 AM   #24
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
That machine you pushed pencils for would be dead in the water with out oil Numb N*ts. You can find me at most Div 5 races drop by and say HI. Yes I did good on BP stock. Your hero Brandon has been good for big Oil.

Randy
Always get a good laugh out of you. And why would I drive to Missouri, I got everything I need right here in California, right and left leaning friends that can be civil in a conversation of differing opinions.

Last edited by Eddies66; 05-18-2023 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-18-2023, 10:16 AM   #25
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
There aren't very many being "turned away at the border". There have not been since Biden took office.The country is flooded with illegal aliens, and illicit drugs, crossing an excessively porous border.
Alan here are some fun facts: Under a pandemic-driven public health rule, migrants have been turned away at the U.S. border 1.7 million times since Mr. Biden took office, a figure that includes some people who have attempted to cross multiple times. So far this fiscal year (through April 2023), immigration judges have issued removal and voluntary departure orders in 39.8% of completed cases, totaling 135,284 deportation orders. Granted, more needs to be done!
Old 05-18-2023, 10:38 AM   #26
Dick Nearhoof

Liked 91 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Already there, unlike Trump my tax base is 24%.
Nice try, but only adjusted gross income above $178,150 is taxed at 24%, unless you're filing separately, then you would still need to have AGI of nearly $400k to have a effective tax rate of 24%. I think everyone in this discussion pays income taxes, I know I do. In a later thread you mentioned some possible solutions for changes to US immigration policy, which make some sense. Because every time I hear pundits/politicians say Congress needs to fix, they never say how. We were a country of immigrants, when the US growing, but large numbers of immigrants are not needed now. I know unemployment rates are low & plenty of help wanted signs posted. But big contributing factor here in NY was the "Fight for Fifteen" it was supposed to end "Corporate welfare" , now many of those same employees won't more hours if it means losing their tax payer subsidies. So it didn't fix anything, just made everything more expensive, hurting low income earners the most. SMH
Dick Nearhoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 11:08 AM   #27
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Nearhoof View Post
Nice try, but only adjusted gross income above $178,150 is taxed at 24%, unless you're filing separately, then you would still need to have AGI of nearly $400k to have a effective tax rate of 24%. I think everyone in this discussion pays income taxes, I know I do. In a later thread you mentioned some possible solutions for changes to US immigration policy, which make some sense. Because every time I hear pundits/politicians say Congress needs to fix, they never say how. We were a country of immigrants, when the US growing, but large numbers of immigrants are not needed now. I know unemployment rates are low & plenty of help wanted signs posted. But big contributing factor here in NY was the "Fight for Fifteen" it was supposed to end "Corporate welfare" , now many of those same employees won't more hours if it means losing their tax payer subsidies. So it didn't fix anything, just made everything more expensive, hurting low income earners the most. SMH

I am about $60K over the $178k threshhold.
Old 05-18-2023, 11:22 AM   #28
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote:
. Big Oil more than doubled its profits in 2022 to $219 billion, smashing previous records
Maybe they are stocking up for their retirement, seeing JB campaigned (from his basement) on putting them out of business. ;-)
Old 05-18-2023, 11:32 AM   #29
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,042 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Alan here are some fun facts: Under a pandemic-driven public health rule, migrants have been turned away at the U.S. border 1.7 million times since Mr. Biden took office, a figure that includes some people who have attempted to cross multiple times. So far this fiscal year (through April 2023), immigration judges have issued removal and voluntary departure orders in 39.8% of completed cases, totaling 135,284 deportation orders. Granted, more needs to be done!

That's a drop in the bucket. How many got in? How many did he fly, at government expense, to "red" states, in the middle of the night? But then cries when "red" states bus illegals out to "blue cities", who claim to be "sanctuary cities", but cry when they get the flood of immigrants that border states do.

Further, how much has the overdose rate increased? How many more people are dying because of illegal fentanyl that crossed the border?
Old 05-18-2023, 11:36 AM   #30
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,042 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Big Oil more than doubled its profits in 2022 to $219 billion, smashing previous records in a year of volatile energy prices, did you get any profit sharing from Big Oil?

Profit ain't a dirty word. Figure the percentage compared to the volume. Figure the government is trying desperately to put them out of business. And figure how oil is involved in everything you have, wear, use, eat, or drink.

Sorry, the cries about oil company profits only bring jeers. The profit on oil is minuscule compared to insurance, banking, securities, or government.