HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 04-03-2022, 01:48 PM   #1
Greg Siekierko

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default looking for more consistent RT on a footbrake car

I have been running an 86 Mustang in MOD for years and most of my competition are running transbrakes. The car runs 351C with a C6 trans(no transbrake)just footbraking running mid 6s in the 1/8. I have heard of a number of things I can do to get a consistent launch RPM such as second linelock, brake activated two step, or button activated two step. I am looking for some feedback on what would be best and what may not be approved. Thanks.
Greg Siekierko is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-03-2022, 09:13 PM   #2
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 652 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: looking for more consistent RT on a footbrake car

Brake or button rpm switch would work in mod. Not sure about extra line lock. Work getting bottom bulb to flicker consistently as it helps putting car in same spot. Maybe a blind Der to keep from watching tree come down. Better tune up for hot and cold weather. Keep good records using a quality weather station. I was born on B&G Weather station. Last year I was given a Performaire and could not believe how my dial in program became better.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:02 PM   #3
Greg Siekierko

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

OK, Thanks Jeff. I have been keeping good records for the last few years and trying a predictor program which worked ok but it was still a fight to get consistent. I will look into the button set up.
Greg Siekierko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 12:17 PM   #4
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

Just my opinion, but the number one thing you can do to get consistent reaction times is to make sure the driver is consistent. You can have the best equipment, but the driver needs to be as good as he/she can be too.
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 11:07 PM   #5
10,000laker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How much RT variation are you experiencing?
What level of consistency are you trying to achieve?

Do you have consistent hook up, or do you experience tire spin on launch....and if spin, how much?

Do you find one lane treats you better than another?
This is more about how the driver sees the lights and the gauges at time of launch.
For instance, in the left lane you might be looking just over your tach as you watch the lights and in the right lane your tach is out of sight as you "look around" the A-pillar.....It depends on how your gauges are set up and this might have some effect....but not always.
10,000laker is offline   Reply With Quote