Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-21-2023, 11:36 PM   #51
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts
Default Re: Drain The Swamp II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Title 8 will turn many away at the border. I really can’t answer a question that Congress continues to ignore. I would present this question your Congressional representative.
Eddie, I have my response from my Congressman

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Representative Paul Gosar, D.D.S. (AZ-09) issued the following statement after voting in favor of H.R. 2, the Secure the Border Act, legislation to keep America safe by securing our border.

“Because of Joe Biden’s disastrous open border policies, hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens are literally rushing across our border, destroying communities, overwhelming our hospitals and costing American taxpayers nearly $200 billion dollars.

Biden has created the worst border crisis in our lifetime, welcoming with open arms more than 6.5 million lawbreakers into our nation since his first day in office. Alarmingly, more than 14,000 pounds of deadly fentanyl have poured into our country during Biden’s time in office. In the last 18 months, 178 terrorists have crossed the southern border.

My home state of Arizona is getting pummeled by the flood of invading illegals. I have visited the border countless times. I have witnessed firsthand the destruction caused by this lawlessness.

Today, Republicans in congress delivered on our promise to secure the border and combat illegal immigration. The Secure the Border Act restarts construction of the border wall halted by Joe Biden as part of his 94 executive orders to overturn the border security initiatives put in place by President Trump. The Secure the Border Act also will stop the flood of fentanyl by increasing the number of Border Patrol agents along the southern border while providing bonus pay to the hardworking men and women protecting our border that have been sidelined and disgraced by Joe Biden. It also ends Biden’s reckless catch and release program that has allowed untold millions of illegals to simply walk into neighborhoods all across America.

With this vote, Republicans have done what Joe Biden refuses to do: secure the border, stop the lawlessness and make America safe. I am proud to have cast my vote in favor of the Secure the Border Act,” concluded Congressman Gosar.

BTW, I live in an extremely conservative district. I don't remember any democrats running against "the most conservative Congress Person" in Washington.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:46 AM   #52
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Eddie, I have my response from my Congressman

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Representative Paul Gosar, D.D.S. (AZ-09) issued the following statement after voting in favor of H.R. 2, the Secure the Border Act, legislation to keep America safe by securing our border.

“Because of Joe Biden’s disastrous open border policies, hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens are literally rushing across our border, destroying communities, overwhelming our hospitals and costing American taxpayers nearly $200 billion dollars.

Biden has created the worst border crisis in our lifetime, welcoming with open arms more than 6.5 million lawbreakers into our nation since his first day in office. Alarmingly, more than 14,000 pounds of deadly fentanyl have poured into our country during Biden’s time in office. In the last 18 months, 178 terrorists have crossed the southern border.

My home state of Arizona is getting pummeled by the flood of invading illegals. I have visited the border countless times. I have witnessed firsthand the destruction caused by this lawlessness.

Today, Republicans in congress delivered on our promise to secure the border and combat illegal immigration. The Secure the Border Act restarts construction of the border wall halted by Joe Biden as part of his 94 executive orders to overturn the border security initiatives put in place by President Trump. The Secure the Border Act also will stop the flood of fentanyl by increasing the number of Border Patrol agents along the southern border while providing bonus pay to the hardworking men and women protecting our border that have been sidelined and disgraced by Joe Biden. It also ends Biden’s reckless catch and release program that has allowed untold millions of illegals to simply walk into neighborhoods all across America.

With this vote, Republicans have done what Joe Biden refuses to do: secure the border, stop the lawlessness and make America safe. I am proud to have cast my vote in favor of the Secure the Border Act,” concluded Congressman Gosar.

BTW, I live in an extremely conservative district. I don't remember any democrats running against "the most conservative Congress Person" in Washington.

This is good, it is still in the House. As you know it is the sole purpose of the legislative branch to create laws, with President signing off on it, making it law. This is long over due!!!!

With regards to drugs, we have a drug problem in this country. If no one was using drugs there would be no demand. If one drug is stopped another one would be produced. We are the problem here!

The number of terrorists crossing the border was 178, curious how they got that number. They must have been captured, I am sure Border Patrol didn't wave them in. I trust this law doesn't duplicate what the Patriot Act of 2001 does. If the law exists...enforce it.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:54 AM   #53
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post

The number of terrorists crossing the border was 178, curious how they got that number. They must have been captured, I am sure Border Patrol didn't wave them in. I trust this law doesn't duplicate what the Patriot Act of 2001 does. If the law exists...enforce it.
I'm going to assume that's the number that they found that were on the terrorist watch list. You can bet that ain't all of them !
Old 05-22-2023, 12:48 PM   #54
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
I'm going to assume that's the number that they found that were on the terrorist watch list. You can bet that ain't all of them !
It is not the Border Patrols job to identify terrorist, they are routinely identified by the CIA and FBI, then the list is turned over to CBP. By the way, CBP has a nationwide deficit of 3,700 officers. With a 6% attrition rate, it would take 5 to 10 years to recruit and train that many agents.

Last edited by Eddies66; 05-22-2023 at 02:02 PM.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote