HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #21
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts
Default Re: Strange Engineering

And after all this, you want to imply that I have an attitude?

No, not at all. I think in the same situation, I would have had a similar reaction. You described one of my pet peeves, failure to accommodate and flex for a repeat customer.

Thanks for giving more explanation.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:44 PM   #22
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
OK, I'll bite. First off, I have no issue with products from Strange, over the years I have made numerous purchases from them for shocks, struts, 3rd members, axles, brakes and more. My issue specifically is their customer service specifically over the phone. This is not the first time I have got off the phone pissed off at the way I was treated by their customer service, I had the exact same experience with them last year but here is my most recent experience. I noticed that Strange was having a sale over the next few days so decided to purchase some parts for an upcoming project. Among other items I needed a set of the long stroke FWD conversion struts. I wanted to duplicate exactly what I had previously purchased from them which deviates from their normal package and, as I couldn't seem to get their online contact to work, I called instead. What I needed was to substitute the medium brake package for the heavy duty units, I needed a lighter spring than was listed and I needed the struts revalved. Initially, he told me that this couldn't be done, I told him that they had done this for me in the past and I could send him a photo to prove it. He then recalculated the price which resulted in a higher price than the list price on their website. I asked how it would cost more to put the heavy duty brake parts back on the shelf and give me a less expensive part. I figured so be it, go ahead and shut up and proceed with the order. I then asked how I proceed with the order as I was not able to get their online order form to work (it didn't work for me last year either), if nothing else give me an email address and I will outline the specifics. He said I can't have the discount unless I order it online. At this point, I'm getting pissed. First off you tell me that I apparently don't have the struts that I do have, then you want to charge me more for a less expensive part, lastly you tell me that I can't have the sale price because your website doesn't work properly.

And after all this you want to imply that I have an attitude?
Many companies now only offer online discounts and not over the phone discounts. It sucks but they do that because it saves them money.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:52 PM   #23
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 3,820 Times in 874 Posts

I am lucky, MW's is a 20 minute drive for me. I did the addition to Mark's house back in the 90's. Nice house!
Old 12-31-2020, 01:33 PM   #24
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

I felt that it would be appropriate that I post a follow up on this subject. A few days after I posted on Class Racer and Facebook on this subject, I got a call from JC Cascio at Strange as he had been made aware of the posting. He obviously wasn't happy to hear that people were having issues with tech help and said that there would be internal discussion to improve the situation. In the end, he got my order clarified and I have received my orders. As I had previously stated, I have never had an issue with Strange as far a the quality of their products, this was just a communication issue. I hate to dump on JC after he helped me out on this but I would suggest that you keep his name in reference to Strange in case you run into similar issues. Happy ending to my experience.

On another subject, here's to wishing everyone a better racing year than our last one.

Jim Caughlin
SS 6019
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 04:35 PM   #25
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Just to see if I got this correct Strange was having a online sale of a prepackaged Strut set. But that is not what you needed so you wanted them to do a custom package with different brakes, spring and re-valved struts. Custom ordered over the phone But you expected the online price of the prepackaged struts. Am I missing something?
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:09 PM   #26
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
Just to see if I got this correct Strange was having a online sale of a prepackaged Strut set. But that is not what you needed so you wanted them to do a custom package with different brakes, spring and re-valved struts. Custom ordered over the phone But you expected the online price of the prepackaged struts. Am I missing something?
Not the first time that I have bought struts from Strange:
1. Brakes are in a separate box, take the medium duty brake box off the shelf instead of the heavy duty brake box, seems pretty easy?
2. Springs are in a separate box, need 90# springs, take the box with the 90# springs off the shelf, seems pretty easy?
3. Need the struts revalved, no problem with paying the extra, just want it done before they ship. Seems pretty easy?
If making minor customizing to orders was harder than that, we would have been bankrupt a long time ago.
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote