HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
john corcoran jr

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default Anybody Interested In Some Stock/Superstock Combo Races At Route 66?

This weekend I was making some license runs at Route 66. While I was there, I was talking to Charlie the track manager. They do run Super Comp and Top Sportsman races on some weekends when they don't run their bracket program and just have a test & tune. I asked if he would be interested runninng some Combo races on those weekends and he said yes. Anybody interested? You can contact me here or at bigjohn3169@aol.com
Thanks,
John Corcoran
john corcoran jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 89 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Anybody Interested In Some Stock/Superstock Combo Races At Route 66?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john corcoran jr View Post
This weekend I was making some license runs at Route 66. While I was there, I was talking to Charlie the track manager. They do run Super Comp and Top Sportsman races on some weekends when they don't run their bracket program and just have a test & tune. I asked if he would be interested runninng some Combo races on those weekends and he said yes. Anybody interested? You can contact me here or at bigjohn3169@aol.com
Thanks,
John Corcoran
John,

Our Buick club used to run some races there in conjunction with their bracket/test days long ago. Heard we were told they didn't want (need?) us anymore. Good luck but we can't even get cars to the IHRA race in Byron for way, way, way more money...
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,687 Times in 2,019 Posts
Default Re: Anybody Interested In Some Stock/Superstock Combo Races At Route 66?

Many will race if the track will hook and NHRA rules are followed. Its 300 miles for me and I would race. It could easily be 40 to 50 cars on any given nite. Scheduling should be done around any local (200 miles radius) Stock /Superstock program currently being offered.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 89 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Many will race if the track will hook and NHRA rules are followed..
Curious Larry,

What about the IHRA Stock rules would discourage folks from racing?
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
Marvin Robinson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would definitely be interested in competing in STK/SS combo races at Rt 66.... hope you can make it happen!!!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,687 Times in 2,019 Posts

I won't speak for anyone else, but a 502 in a Vega is not Stock. A 502 Vega is a Street car or a good bracket car. That just me. The people that race these cars are usually good racers, they just don't have what I call a Stocker. I am not a fan of alphabet Superstock.

"Paper Cars" IHRA or NHRA I'm just not a fan.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 861 Times in 160 Posts
Unhappy Re: Anybody Interested In Some Stock/Superstock Combo Races At Route 66?

Racers in this area dont come out for any thing but the NHRA points race. the last ever IHRA race at Byron that paid in the area of $2500. to win drew 17 cars.You didnt even have to have a IHRA membership to enter!!!!
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:22 AM   #8
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
I won't speak for anyone else, but a 502 in a Vega is not Stock. A 502 Vega is a Street car or a good bracket car. That just me. The people that race these cars are usually good racers, they just don't have what I call a Stocker. I am not a fan of alphabet Superstock.

If its the IHRA Vega your refering to it is a 350 crate small block. Big blocks are not allowed. Not enough shipping wt.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:25 AM   #9
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Anybody Interested In Some Stock/Superstock Combo Races At Route 66?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn Smith View Post
Racers in this area dont come out for any thing but the NHRA points race. the last ever IHRA race at Byron that paid in the area of $2500. to win drew 17 cars.You didnt even have to have a IHRA membership to enter!!!!
Its thier loss. No wonder NHRA gets away with treating them the way they do. Ya cant spend grade points.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 08-10-2010 at 05:27 AM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #10
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:

Larry, with all due respect, when you line up in the opposite lane does it really matter if they are a F/CM or an F/SA? It's still who has the best light and runs closest to their dial. We need to encourage local combo races and try to be inclusive to have the largest fields possible. That being said if it's an NHRA track and there is an NHRA class for your car you should run off NHRA indexes and horsepower factors. If it's an IHRA track you should run off their indexes and horsepower factors. I think allowing crate motor cars or pure stock cars or SS/PA cars could help in some areas to make the fields larger.