Terry not to make you feel worse I doubt that is all out every pass
He has alot left he hasnt shown.....
Old 02-24-2024, 12:43 PM   #12
Rick J

Liked 44 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: combo killers

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hensler View Post
Tell me if I’m thinking about this the wrong way. Combo Killers! If one person can do it hasn’t he proved it can be done and everyone should be capable of running that quick? If you are not maybe you are not working as hard as you think you are!
Right, and some just plain want to go fast, which is their business and nobody else's
Rick J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 06:29 PM   #13
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,624 Times in 1,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRY HEMBREE View Post
Anyone else out there that's had to spend a season watching someone destroy your combo for no reason? Red lights, byes,doesn't matter just runs it out every pass.
He went 114.8 under at Belle Rose. If he truly wants to win class at Gainesville ….watch out. ..
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 10:11 PM   #14
Hoss5112

Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
He went 114.8 under at Belle Rose. If he truly wants to win class at Gainesville ….watch out. ..
Maybe someone should pay the cash and see if he is not following the rules. I might even pitch in.
Hoss5112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 11:07 PM   #15
SS3860

Liked 42 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick J View Post
Right, and some just plain want to go fast, which is their business and nobody else's
That pretty much sums it up.

Tom Flowers
3860 E/SA
SS3860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 08:53 AM   #16
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss5112 View Post
Maybe someone should pay the cash and see if he is not following the rules. I might even pitch in.
That’s funny. . Ralph would like that
Tilburg Power. That’s the problem buddy
Old 02-25-2024, 12:19 PM   #17
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

James not only is it a Tilburg motor, but Jerry is with him. With Jerry there you guys might as well just go over and hand Ralph the Check. Ralph will be sitting inside watching the Stock Market. Jerry would work a 12-hour day and ask why we are done so soon. He is an animal when it comes to working on these things. Remember the air is great and he has been keeping it under 1.20. If you piss him off, he may want to see how fast it can go. My bet if they really get after it with some help, you might see a 1.30 under run in good air. Ralph is coming to Gainesville wanting to win class. I would assume he will leave it in the same mode. I have been good friends with him for a long time. I will talk to him at Gainsville, so he understands better about the AHFS. If you get to know Ralph he is a great guy and would give you the shirt off his back. They don't come much better. BP

P,S. He is racing his car the way all of us should be. To bad we lost the performance part of Stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 02:55 PM   #18
jimmyparker

Liked 225 Times in 71 Posts

I wonder what the average et was on the 325HP Camaros when the current index system was iniated?

The elephant is still in the room.
jimmyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:49 PM   #19
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,082 Times in 769 Posts

If you need to protect your combo, it definitely needs horsepower.

I'm not being critical of your dedication and resources, in fact I have sincere admiration for that.

However I have and still believe the indexes are too soft.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 08:01 PM   #20
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
James not only is it a Tilburg motor, but Jerry is with him. With Jerry there you guys might as well just go over and hand Ralph the Check. Ralph will be sitting inside watching the Stock Market. Jerry would work a 12-hour day and ask why we are done so soon. He is an animal when it comes to working on these things. Remember the air is great and he has been keeping it under 1.20. If you piss him off, he may want to see how fast it can go. My bet if they really get after it with some help, you might see a 1.30 under run in good air. Ralph is coming to Gainesville wanting to win class. I would assume he will leave it in the same mode. I have been good friends with him for a long time. I will talk to him at Gainsville, so he understands better about the AHFS. If you get to know Ralph he is a great guy and would give you the shirt off his back. They don't come much better. BP

P,S. He is racing his car the way all of us should be. To bad we lost the performance part of Stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barry, as far as I know there was always a penalty for going fast in Stock. In the Jr Stocker days you ran off of a record .And if you went faster than the record it got lowered to what you ran. When I started in Stock in the late 70s you got horse power for just winning class or setting a record or even winning a race. And there was a NHRA committee that would adjust the HP at the end of the year. If they didnt like you, you could got hit. At least now it is all in black and white. Last year people were pretty good at protecting their combos. They were smart about it.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote