HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-24-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 194 Times in 77 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Cool Karma's A Wonderful Thing.....

Last weekend at the Fontana D7 points race I had some good luck two times over at the race. Out of 68 cars I qualified 67th with a 15.815 on my 15.60 DF/S index. My first round opponent should've beaten me, because I was only able to improve to a 15.680. However, I helped my cause by having an .048 to .060rt advantage over him. However, he crossed the finish line .0754 ahead of me, which gave him some slowdown room. Fortunately for me he slowed down .007 too late allowing me to advance past 1st round. However, the true Karma race was in rnd 2!

Since there was already a tailwind that aided me in rnd 1, I was watching the flags and noticing that as we were getting ready to run rnd 2, that it increased about 4-6mph. I go to the water box, because my new to me tires needed a burnout to heat them up. I do my burnout, and go up to the line to stage, however my opponent hadn't even started his burnout yet. I went to the sat there on the line not sure what was going on but I figured, I'm good I made it past rnd 1, so whatever happens was going to happen. I was prepared to turn off my engine, but something told me not to, so I just let my car idle while I waited to see if my opponent would show up. Apparently the starter must've gestured to him that he better get it going and get up to the line, or he was going to send me on a broke bye single. Was the guy trying to burndown my car? Perhaps, but this is where it got interesting....although he got an .021 to .098rt advantage over me, the same God that we pray to for ill or fallen loved ones, was watching and seemingly didn't like what my opponent was doing, so that tailwind pushed my car to a 15.635 (which was not only my quickest run of the event, but only .035sec. from my index. This must have forced him to get on his breaks too late, because although he crossed the finish line .1207 ahead of me, he also crossed it .008 too soon, which made my win light come on, and sent him and his car to the trailer!

Thanks to that snafu, I was able to earn 50pts., and make a vault in the D7 points standings to date from 47th to 17th (in a tie with several others for 16th), in the Stock Eliminator standings! As for him, well to pour salt on his (beating his-self wound), he inherited my now former position in the standings! I guess Karma can and does bite people who may have intentions like that in their mindset.

Morale of the Story....There's more eyes on us than we think, so if you want to play games with other racers like that, then be prepared for the possible consequences of your actions....
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:56 AM   #2
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 644 Times in 205 Posts
Cool Re: Karma's A Wonderful Thing.....

That's a life lesson that applies to more than just drag racing. We have had a few in our ranks that started out OK, but as time went along, they got to where nobody could stand them, they're gone now. There's no excuse for not getting along, especially in the racing family.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-25-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Karma's A Wonderful Thing.....

I don't know if it was karma or the racing Gods but I just say it was some piss poor driving to take .12 especially coming from behind.

Last edited by HR9121; 05-25-2019 at 10:46 AM.
HR9121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,419 Times in 1,683 Posts

No sense belittling another racer here. He knows he f-ed up .
The next time he races a slow car, ( so very few out there), he'll lift at the back bumper and ease out in front, instead of scrubbing ET after getting in front.

(Hope this thread is on page eight by tomorrow) ;-)
Old 05-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

You are right Mark, I guess the point I was trying to make is that I don't go for all this crap someone was trying to screw with me or burn me down conspiracy. No karma he just screwed up.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,419 Times in 1,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
You are right Mark, I guess the point I was trying to make is that I don't go for all this crap someone was trying to screw with me or burn me down conspiracy. No karma he just screwed up.
James, Always two sides to a story. We haven't heard the other one. But can't imagine intentionally burning down a guy who can't even run the index.
(and I just bumped up this thread. :-( )
Old 05-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #7
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,635 Times in 517 Posts

I too thought gary’s remarks were a little harsh always keep in mind this sport is very humbling
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #8
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 380 Times in 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
I don't go for all this crap someone was trying to screw with me or burn me down conspiracy. No karma he just screwed up.
this^^^ and judging by his words and glee at his opponents bad driving, Gary don't turn on too many win lights.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #9
Dave Muller

Liked 221 Times in 71 Posts

Gary, I doubt he was trying to burn you down, maybe just hoping you'd get antsy from waiting. Or maybe he had some issue going on with the car.

But in any event I don't think the creator of the universe was concerned with who won that race. The guy made a mistake, it happens.

And you made the most out of a car that wouldn't quite run the index, good job!
Dave Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:29 PM   #10
Hacksaw

Liked 272 Times in 149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
this^^^ and judging by his words and glee at his opponents bad driving, Gary don't turn on too many win lights.
Have to agree 100% with this. It's called coincidence and some poor driving by his opponents.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote