HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2021, 10:18 PM   #1
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts
Default Biden speach

Biden and most in DC have never run a business and it is clear as day that they haven't. Make a payroll, repair equipment, pay overhead, deal with labor organizations.
Way to complicated for Biden and others to understand.. No comment made about interest, depreciation, or amortization. If corporations made billions, as Biden claims, and doesn't file the appropriate taxes, some folks would be in prison.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:43 PM   #2
AndyEvans

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Biden speach

That's what infuriates me the most. Rich people will always get away with tax evasion.
AndyEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:19 PM   #3
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Biden and most in DC have never run a business and it is clear as day that they haven't. Make a payroll, repair equipment, pay overhead, deal with labor organizations.
Way to complicated for Biden and others to understand.. No comment made about interest, depreciation, or amortization. If corporations made billions, as Biden claims, and doesn't file the appropriate taxes, some folks would be in prison.
Our Government is not a BUSINESS...
It does not make a profit.
It also has to care for its employees.
Does not send our work over seas.

However they do run Payroll....DFAS for Military types.
They do repair things like airplanes, ships, buildings.
IN fact they have a large training program that those leaving the service uses in their civilian professions.

Medicare for All cost 10times less than going through and Insurance company. Does not decide how you die ..like Insurance companies.

D
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:52 PM   #4
SStockDart
VIP Member

[QUOTE=Dan Fahey;639766]Our Government is not a BUSINESS...

I didn't say it was/is a business.....I said most legislators could not run a business because they do not understand the tax laws that they establish. They couldn't explain I.B.I.T.A. or double declining amortization if they had to. The speech the other night, Biden referred to companies making millions of dollars and not paying any taxes. That is way misleading and intended to pizz off the voters.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:54 PM   #5
Superpro

Liked 91 Times in 34 Posts

[QUOTE=SStockDart;639769][QUOTE=Dan Fahey;639766]Our Government is not a BUSINESS...

They couldn't explain I.B.I.T.A. or double declining amortization if they had to.

I believe you are referring to EBITDA? Earnings before Interest Taxes Depreciation and Amortization. Indicator in financial circles as to profitibility of a company's core operations. In Governments' defense, I don't think most smaller business owners are aware of what this is either. They likely care more about what they take home after servicing their debt, Uncle Sam and whether or not their investment in expensive land, building and machinery provided a sound return.

Last edited by Superpro; 05-03-2021 at 04:02 PM.
Superpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:31 PM   #6
SStockDart
VIP Member

Thank you and you are correct. I've been retired 15 years. It can either be EBITDA or IBITDA. Earnings or income. Also called gross profit. Polititions often take this number to make the statement that companies don't pay taxes. As an example, if a company makes $1,000,000 IBITDA and they don't have interest payments, taxes due, depreciation, or amortization...... then the company would owe taxes on the $1,000,000. In elementary terms, if this same company bought $5,000,000 worth of capitalized equipment, and depreciated it over 5 years (equals $1,000,000 depreciation each of 5 years) the company has zero tax obligation for the year. Taxes are like this to provide incentives for companies to buy equipment and keep economy moving.
If you have set up your racing operation as a business, be sure you depreciate/amortize your truck, trailer, part of an office, garage. If you generate winnings, you can use it to pay for such.
Whew.....oh, and see an accountant.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #7
John Kissel

Liked 232 Times in 94 Posts

I learned many years ago, the best way for me was to work for good people, and leave the problems of running of a business to others.Wealthy people bought the boats I helped build, the parts I sold,and the trucks I drove. I had "the jones" to buy a Peterbilt for years, and was educated by trucking co. owners, it is best to drive a truck with someone elses name on the door, and they were for the most part not white.How would you feel if a family member you had to hire, took a new Freightliner and a new 53' reefer with a load of peppers up to Campbell Soup in Camden and proceeded to rip off the top of the trailer going under a bridge Honest wealthy people provide jobs for other people, and I could care less about the taxes they honestly work around to not pay so they can stay in business..
John Kissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:07 AM   #8
SStockDart
VIP Member

Animal House is one of my favorite, all time movies. Near the end, Kevin Bacon is playing a ROTC cadet screaming "Remain Calm, all is Well" during the parade scene.

I can't help but place his words on our President's lips during a speech..... What did you say Mr. President????? Remain calm all is well...
Over 1,100 missiles fired at Isreal
Southern border letting illegals in at record numbers
Illegals staying at Holiday Inn while veterans sleep on the streets
Out of gas in the southern states. Trump would have bombed the perps.
Days ago
Gasoline/diesel is over a dollars a gallon more this year.
Keystone pipeline employees still looking for jobs.
Harris has not been to the border yet after 2 months.
Record murders in Chicago and NYC, yet White Supremacy is blamed.
Unemployment is crazy because "some" groups can make more money
selling drugs and collecting Unemployment.
The list goes on and on. For my friends, the best hedge against the inflation we are facing is REAL ESTATE. The best hedge against democrats is ammunition.. Good luck

Last edited by SStockDart; 05-13-2021 at 01:17 AM.
SStockDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:57 AM   #9
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Animal House is one of my favorite, all time movies. Near the end, Kevin Bacon is playing a ROTC cadet screaming "Remain Calm, all is Well" during the parade scene.

I can't help but place his words on our President's lips during a speech..... What did you say Mr. President????? Remain calm all is well...
Over 1,100 missiles fired at Isreal
Southern border letting illegals in at record numbers
Illegals staying at Holiday Inn while veterans sleep on the streets
Out of gas in the southern states. Trump would have bombed the perps.
Days ago
Gasoline/diesel is over a dollars a gallon more this year.
Keystone pipeline employees still looking for jobs.
Harris has not been to the border yet after 2 months.
Record murders in Chicago and NYC, yet White Supremacy is blamed.
Unemployment is crazy because "some" groups can make more money
selling drugs and collecting Unemployment.
The list goes on and on. For my friends, the best hedge against the inflation we are facing is REAL ESTATE. The best hedge against democrats is ammunition.. Good luck
How about we vote out the do-nothing Congressmen and obstructionist that continue to “kick the can down the road”. With regards tothe Vet issue, this has been going on far too long. I have dealt with Vets from WW2 that can’t get the VA to take action on their claims.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:58 PM   #10
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

I thought about the idea of placing homeless Vets in hotel rooms. You would isolate them and then the demons start to be heard. A dorm situation would be the ideal place. A good example would be the dorm at Fort Whipple VAMC Prescott, Az. Medical staff, mental health staff and fellow Vets to interact with. Makes for a more workable environment. Just my two cents.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote