Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech

Old 02-13-2021, 07:24 AM   #11
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: Towing w/ a gas/electric cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Carpenter View Post
I have been looking for a used golf cart to tow my Cobalt at the track. Right now for what I can spend electrics are in my price range. Has anyone had any luck towing with an electric cart? Thanks Ed

Ed, the electric has the torque. The problem is the battery life. When they get weak then keeping them charged up for a multi day race can be a problem. Add 800 dollars the price of an electric for new batteries and it might be close to the gas cart price.

You can save some money and get a regular old cart. Just get a model that the aftermarket supports like yamaha or ezgo That way if you want to upgrade body panels, wheels, etc you can spend that money later if you want to.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:33 PM   #12
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

ditto-- just don't buy a Harley--you cannot get engine parts if you ever need them--stick with a name brand unit like Club Car--E-Z GO etc. -----also gas is definitely the way to go if you are going to keep it because of the battery cost situation-FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:23 PM   #13
Richard Grant

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

We have a 48 volt model. We haven't had a problem towing my 3300# stocker but we only tow when we have a heads up or breakage. You can use two 12 volt batteries in place of three 8 volts. We've had no problems doing this. Naturally a gas model is less trouble since it doesn't need charging or several batteries replaced at one time.