HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-20-2021, 10:39 AM   #1
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Smile Thank You so much NHRA and Epping!

A heartfelt thank you to all the staff and personell at Epping for a wonderful National Event experience every one was nice, smiling, even when I drove the Gremlin down the wrong way!

My neighbors came and got to see what we do, and experience the thrill of the big wheelie and the stress of the near crash. Neighbor did park out in the 3rd lot instead of using the crew pass, so after round 1's loss in the Gremlin, we drove it out the gate told the ladies we'd be back through the field up the hill and had him follow me back with his Camaro.....back through the gate and down to the pits......Some fans out there on the hill got some video and pictures of the Gremlin doing golf cart duty. NHRA had done a heard from the pits episode on the Gremlin the day before.

My beagle Bruno was really feeling ill for the weekend, and had to carried back 3/4 mile sunday am, he perked up a bit for a warmup run through the pits, some sharp eyed fans likely saw him in the passengers seat. His sister Belle passed last month, its tough when you loose them, we called her "big wheelie belle", she would have approved of the trucks launches, Bruno is know as "double O Bruno" so when I went .007 red in R4 to Justin, Bruno was ok with that.

I don't know how to convey this message to the NHRA, but keep doing what you did at Epping, got three new customers for life in my neighbors, and likely a new stock eliminator competitor soon.............how can you beat that?

Eric Merryfield
stock and superstock 1883
Old 06-20-2021, 12:30 PM   #2
Tim H
VIP Member

Liked 430 Times in 142 Posts
Default Re: Thank You so much NHRA and Epping!

Great to read a POSITIVE post regarding an NHRA event. We are so fortunate to be able to buy, build, race cars and attend sports events. In light of what the last 1 1/2years has brought us, get out and participate, spectate while you can.
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote