HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-16-2020, 10:15 PM   #1
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts
Default National Open Texas Motorplex

National Open before the Dallas National Event on a October.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ED5BC1B0-23D1-47EA-A961-769D2563F615.jpeg
Views:	358
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	55853  
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:49 AM   #2
Carl Battis

Liked 179 Times in 35 Posts
Default Re: National Open Texas Motorplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Carpenter View Post
National Open before the Dallas National Event on a October.....
Where is that information hosted? The Div 4 website, Texas Motorplex website, and NHRA schedules don’t have it. The link from the picture doesn’t work either. Thanks.
Carl Battis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #3
countrypuppy4865

Liked 183 Times in 62 Posts

Was posted on Facebook
countrypuppy4865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #4
Carl Battis

Liked 179 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrypuppy4865 View Post
Was posted on Facebook
Thanks. No Facebook or other social media platforms here.....perfecting the art of becoming a dinosaur with each passing day. 😉
Carl Battis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Battis View Post
Thanks. No Facebook or other social media platforms here.....perfecting the art of becoming a dinosaur with each passing day. 😉
No Fakebook here either or any other social media.
I graduated Jr High and High School in the 60's.

Why is it that a race track, NHRA Division, or NHRA would think that Fakebook is the best place for a posting about scheduling or entering a race?

I sometimes wonder about management who have these thoughts.
I guess I am a dinosaur also.

Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #6
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63corvette View Post
No Fakebook here either or any other social media.
I graduated Jr High and High School in the 60's.

Why is it that a race track, NHRA Division, or NHRA would think that Fakebook is the best place for a posting about scheduling or entering a race?

I sometimes wonder about management who have these thoughts.
I guess I am a dinosaur also.

Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
Hey guys, ya'll are posting this ONLINE, using either a desktop, a lap top, a smart phone, or other form of computer. We're all using the same internet, to post what we wanna say, & read what others say.

That IS social media.

"...Social media are interactive computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation or sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks..."

You just have to be a member of a particular forum, in order to post on that forum.

I don't see any difference in joining a car forum than joining any of the Pontiac FB pages I'm a member of. I can read what others post & post what I wanna say. So, why are so many guys against finding race car info on FB or some website ?

I remember a time, less than 15 years ago, when I was still saying something like: "All I know about a computer is which part is call a mouse, and that's all I ever plan to learn". But then I tried to get some parts catalogs & found they were online. Many of the companies were discontinuing their printed catalog, or charging for 'em, & makin 'em much smaller. They'd tell you to go to their website for a full listing of what they sell.

Hey, I remember when we didn't have a microwave. Once we did, I thought it was great. I'm guessing that my grandparents thought indoor plumbing & running water was great, after they got it. I still remember visiting my Mom's parents & having to go out to the 2-holer outhouse at night, with adult supervision.

I understand that lots of older guys don't like change. But, being able to get info almost instantly, by internet, is a good thing. MOST people now, young & older, spend many hours per day on their cell phone. Sometimes I'll pass close to somebody & think they're talkin to me, when they are actually talking to someone by cell phone.

Lots of 911 emergencies have been called in, much quicker, because of cell phones. But, I think cell phones have also been used to detonate explosives, meant to harm innocent people. So, the cell phone can be used for good & bad.

Lots of people badmouth Google. I love Google. I've probably used it more than anything else, with my computer. For almost anything I don't know, I just quickly Google it. Use it a LOT for getting the correct spelling of words. One of my most used sayings is: "Google knows everything." Many times I am really surprised that the exact info I needed was right there, and it only took me a few seconds to find it.

Bottom line is that I like personal computers & the info available on 'em, & I like several of the social network sites, such as this one, & several others I'm a member of. Just one old guy's opinion.

Last edited by oldskool; 09-18-2020 at 05:18 PM.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:53 PM   #7
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
Hey guys, ya'll are posting this ONLINE, using either a desktop, a lap top, a smart phone, or other form of computer. We're all using the same internet, to post what we wanna say, & read what others say.

That IS social media.

"...Social media are interactive computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation or sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks..."

You just have to be a member of a particular forum, in order to post on that forum.

I don't see any difference in joining a car forum than joining any of the Pontiac FB pages I'm a member of. I can read what others post & post what I wanna say. So, why are so many guys against finding race car info on FB or some website ?

I remember a time, less than 15 years ago, when I was still saying something like: "All I know about a computer is which part is call a mouse, and that's all I ever plan to learn". But then I tried to get some parts catalogs & found they were online. Many of the companies were discontinuing their printed catalog, or charging for 'em, & makin 'em much smaller. They'd tell you to go to their website for a full listing of what they sell.

Hey, I remember when we didn't have a microwave. Once we did, I thought it was great. I'm guessing that my grandparents thought indoor plumbing & running water was great, after they got it. I still remember visiting my Mom's parents & having to go out to the 2-holer outhouse at night, with adult supervision.

I understand that lots of older guys don't like change. But, being able to get info almost instantly, by internet, is a good thing. MOST people now, young & older, spend many hours per day on their cell phone. Sometimes I'll pass close to somebody & think they're talkin to me, when they are actually talking to someone by cell phone.

Lots of 911 emergencies have been called in, much quicker, because of cell phones. But, I think cell phones have also been used to detonate explosives, meant to harm innocent people. So, the cell phone can be used for good & bad.

Lots of people badmouth Google. I love Google. I've probably used it more than anything else, with my computer. For almost anything I don't know, I just quickly Google it. Use it a LOT for getting the correct spelling of words. One of my most used sayings is: "Google knows everything." Many times I am really surprised that the exact info I needed was right there, and it only took me a few seconds to find it.

Bottom line is that I like personal computers & the info available on 'em, & I like several of the social network sites, such as this one, & several others I'm a member of. Just one old guy's opinion.
I will tell you I used technology for years in my job before retiring. I carried a cell phone and a satellite pager for years so I could be reached anywhere on the planet. I also had a laptop as I traveled across the country a great deal of the time.
When I retired I would not carry a cell phone for years because it reminded me of being called all hours of the day and night. I was finished with all that and wanted no part of it.
As far as Fakebook is concerned it is made of a majority of people without a real life and acting like they are still in Jr High or High School in my opinion and I want no part of that either. The reason I believe that is I have been pressured by some old school friends and former work friends to join in. It is just not for me.
Why would a race track or NHRA who have web sites only post race schedules or anything else race related on Fakebook instead of their own website?
That is beyond me.
I carry a flip phone and make and receive calls and a few texts which is the way I like it. I am not interested in sitting around staring into a phone. I see most of my relatives do that during the holiday get togethers instead of visiting with each other which is what the holidays should be about. I have been tempted to collect all cell phones at the door when the wife and I host the holiday get togethers however, the wife kills that proposal each time. Happy wife happy life, right.
I am not against technology as we all use it daily.
I will keep my flip phone as long as they keep making them and use a tablet or computer to do everything else. Like this response is being done on my home computer.
I just have a hard time entering a Division event and spending an hour and twenty minutes to enter. (Topeka Divisional) Then when we arrived we stood in line to get the entry credentials with others who had not entered and they entered the race in about the same amount of time as I did just to get my credentials. So tell me why I spent an hour and twenty minutes online doing what was done in front of me in just a few minutes. That was just nuts so Technology failed me at that point.
Oh by the way I entered on my home computer with a big keyboard instead of a small phone and some of the friends who entered on their phone told me they spent closer to two hours to get entered. Real efficient there.
As far a google is concerned I use it but I hate that they track me.
If I search something the next window I open has an ad for what I searched for. On this web site it comes regularly.
They also track my cell phone and it is a flip phone.
They reason I know is when we go to Las Vegas to race the phone rings all the time with ads for things in Las Vegas to do and see as soon as we get close to Las Vegas. Go Figure!!
Yes I am old.
End of Long Rant
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:33 PM   #8
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 645 Times in 206 Posts
Cool Re: National Open Texas Motorplex

Just wait until they institute voting online. Then, depending who you vote for, imagine the tracking and surveillance you will encounter!!
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote