Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Cars: Classifieds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-24-2022, 11:53 PM   #31
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts
Default Re: Scammer Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1791FJA View Post
Hello All, I posted a WTB add back in December and just recieved a random text message. "Hello, I'm interested in selling my 8 converter turbo splines 6000 stall" Nothing else in text. Seems odd, That is how I listed my WTB post. Came from a 516 area code.
Try to keep him or them on the hook as long as possible and gather as much info as you can.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:08 AM   #32
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHCVette View Post
Just an update... I am in constant (several times daily) contact with this ******* (leading them on for more info) and have learned that the email address of raydawson879@gmail.com is associated with the name "Barbara B", and the bank associated with this email address is citi (citibank).

So, the person who got scammed here might want to contact citibank as that could very well be the primary bank that is used for these scams.
Barbara Braunworth
I have filed reports with Chase and Zelle. I can't say they assured me they would identify the theives. Thanks for the info I will file with Citibank also.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:31 AM   #33
LHCVette

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

If this account is truly linked to Citibank then they should be able to help the authorities identify the actual owner of the account.

I got several more messages from this person, still wanting to work out a deal, so they are not going away!
LHCVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:18 AM   #34
sox

Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

I had him on the hook for about 2 weeks and couldn’t get much info from him. He finally gave up on me.
sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:15 PM   #35
Yo Ken
Administrator

Liked 557 Times in 35 Posts

Guys, I do apologize for not getting on this sooner. I deleted the account in question and also block his ip from registering again. Please let me know if he comes back. Anytime you see something that does not look right, please contact me. Also if this helps... this is his ip address 154.3.44.42. It originates from Washington, DC area.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:51 PM   #36
LHCVette

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Unfortunately, using a VPN I can show that my IP is anywhere in the world.

I did get more info today, asking to send payment via PayPal to his "neighbor". Here is that info from his email:

--------------------------------
Here’s PayPal address

Veronicakinanga@gmail.com
Family and friends

Kindly send screenshot for payment confirmation and shipping address.
---------------------------------

So, I am contacting PayPal with this info!
Liked
Old 01-25-2022, 09:06 PM   #37
Yo Ken
Administrator

Liked 557 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHCVette View Post
Unfortunately, using a VPN I can show that my IP is anywhere in the world.

Yes that is true, but law enforcement can track VPN's. Anything on the net can be traced, everything can be hack. Also if you are using a VPN, its a red flag for illegal activity. I don't think this guy is smart enough to cover his tracks.

Just look at the info you have already have on him. Crooks always leave trails, they are not that bright, they just get lucky for a little awhile.
Liked
Old 01-26-2022, 02:54 AM   #38
LHCVette

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

I am 100% positive he is using a VPN, based on the fact that his IP is changing between the various sites he is doing this with (you guys here are not alone, not by a long shot). A LOT of people use a VPN - my local ISP actually recommends using a VPN for security reasons. It is also believed that this person is located in Louisiana. Google will be able to tell us more once they go through their VOiP account data.

Here is yet another email address for PayPal payments that I just received: jetstream534@aol.com

This person still wants ONLY Friends and Family payments so it doesn't "screw up" the account. LOL!
Liked