HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Cars: Classifieds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-11-2022, 10:18 AM   #21
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts
Default Re: Scammer Alert

Possibly Harrison county Mississippi from info so far.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:33 AM   #22
Kirk Morgan

Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts

He really must be trolling this site. I posted about needing some connecting rods for my Ford Super Stocker. He said he has what i needed but he sent me the wrong info back to me, Then said he made a mistake but he did have the correct parts. I told him i would drive there and pick them up. He insisted on shipping them. Then he could not give me the make of the rods so i told him i didnt want his parts. Another thing he would do when he sent a text was to ask if i was there.
Kirk Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:01 PM   #23
Steve Stickel

Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts

Same here.....
When I posted a WTB ad here recently, he replied with the odd font and colors I used in the original ad, ( WTB 70 Mustang Fastback ) Indicating it was a copy and paste job or a Bot mining these types of ads... I was skeptical and googled the name ,phone # and email , even searched NHRA - IHRA for a John Tyler in DIV 4.... nothing.... needless to say I didn't reply...
Steve Stickel is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #24
my69396

Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

With all this activity on this site from this guy that is for sure scamming, no blocking his posts?
my69396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:35 PM   #25
Tim Ellis

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I don't think he posts, he just responds to want to buys, and magically has exactly what you need...
Tim Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:42 PM   #26
Project 392

Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts

He tried to get me on my recent WTB ad. Didn't work. Emailed me (not PM) Took about two minutes to find out he isn't one of us and is a scammer. I didn't respond. Second email from him also got ignored.

Victor in Kingman
Project 392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:33 PM   #27
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts

Ken,are you following this? He has used the PM section on this site numerous times. Seems to trigger from the WTB,s can this be turned over to federal fraud authorities with info you have?
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 09:52 PM   #28
LHCVette

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Hello all... I am not part of your race community (although I did participate in autocross, IMSA, NCCC, and other events a few decades ago). I even took a few trips down the 1/4 mile track (back we had a 1/4 mile length). My search for a scammer has lead me here to your thread.

These are the names that this person uses associated with the phone number 662-276-1307, which is provided by Google (VOiP) via Bandwidth.com.

John Tyler
Wyatt Roland
Carolyne Emily
Ray Dawson
Phill Daniel

... probably many others as well.

This individual (or group I think based on the sheer number of different types of websites being stalked) is obviously committing federal crimes (wire fraud and mail fraud at the very least).

Unfortunately for this person, he (or they) have reached a group of individuals who have a lot of free time on their hands and world of computer knowledge, now with a mission to find this person.

Do not send payments to anyone you don't physically know using a means that can not offer protection, such as Zelle, Apple Pay, Vinemo, etc. If you use PayPal, do NOT use the "friends and family" option - pay the extra 3.5% for the security of having the ability to get your money back. Do NOT send cash - that was actually suggested in my case... LOL!

I do not believe that this group is actually in the U.S. or they are just poorly educated. Their English skills are lacking, and they make many mistakes, like sending you text and pictures obtained from the Internet (and can be easily found with a simple Google search).

Sorry to hear that someone was taken by this scammer. Ironically, the item that I was looking for (WTB ad, like others here) was something rare enough that the pictures of that item that were sent to me as being the one for sale were actually taken by someone I know in the industry, and they still have the item and it was not for sale! Others probably won't be so lucky.

I have reached out to Google, and I will reach out to the FBI when I have collected more info. I would really like to get @MarkRober and his buddies involved as it seems Mark likes tracking down these scumbags!
LHCVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:25 PM   #29
LHCVette

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Just an update... I am in constant (several times daily) contact with this ******* (leading them on for more info) and have learned that the email address of raydawson879@gmail.com is associated with the name "Barbara B", and the bank associated with this email address is citi (citibank).

So, the person who got scammed here might want to contact citibank as that could very well be the primary bank that is used for these scams.
LHCVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:55 PM   #30
1791FJA

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Hello All, I posted a WTB add back in December and just recieved a random text message. "Hello, I'm interested in selling my 8 converter turbo splines 6000 stall" Nothing else in text. Seems odd, That is how I listed my WTB post. Came from a 516 area code.
1791FJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked