HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-13-2021, 01:24 PM   #11
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts
Default Re: Supplemental Round money in Div. 5

It's what they call a Calcutta, mostly used in bracket racing to give back to racers who want to run for more. It all depends on the track and how they run their bracket deal, some do it for the closest on the dial in Q2, some do it for the best R/T in a certain qualifier or they give it to the drivers who goes the farthest.

I started doing a $10 Calcutta at the Mid Atlantic .90 Races about 3 years ago, some people like it, some people choose to pass. I have given around $300 a race extra to winners and runner-ups all the way down to 3rd round losers because they were the 'Last Man Standing". It's just a little added bonus if you want to get in on it but, we don't force anyone's hand because we all know it's already expensive enough.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:14 PM   #12
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,649 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
What was the payout for the National event? Congrats on a great semifinal finish at Reading!
For the keystone national I believe it’s $500. And it’s only payed to 1. What happens to the other $500 they would have to pay if there were 4 cars in the semis? And thanks for the kind words
They make it hard to find the payouts and you have to wait for the Mail to find out.

Last edited by Keith 944; 09-13-2021 at 02:17 PM.
Keith 944 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #13
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts

Stephanie, you hit it right on the head. when you make it down to the last 4-6 cars in your class at a national event, and you don't even receive enough money to cover the entry cost to the event, there is something wrong! I complained to NHRA when I made it down to the last 6 cars in Super Street at the National event this year, and only received $250. This was at a National event! How much money is involved in a National event compared to a Divisional event? WAY more I'm sure. So why is the payout so low?
By the way, NHRA's response was to tell me that they have a Lucrative contingency program, if I was disappointed in the payout for Super Street class, maybe I should look into this program. Funny, Contingency money is only available for the winner and runner up. I specifically told them I made it down to the last 6 cars. Guess they just disregarded that fact that I pointed out.
By the way, Great job Keith Meyers in Super Gas this past weekend at Maple Grove, guess it doesn't matter which class you run in, you are a great racer.
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #14
NHRA Trey

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
Ask all the D4 racers that have paid an extra $35 this year, lost 3rd round, and got $0 instead of the $100 they would get in D5. Was that worth the extra $35?

*I admit I could be wrong on that, but when the revised payout was initially announced there was no third round money.
Could you please call me on this? I am confused on your explanation. D4 doesn't have any $35 extra stuff.
Thanks,
Trey Capps
D4 office 469-248-0014
NHRA Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:15 PM   #15
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA Trey View Post
Could you please call me on this? I am confused on your explanation. D4 doesn't have any $35 extra stuff.
Thanks,
Trey Capps
D4 office 469-248-0014
I apologize if I caused any confusion. There isn't an optional bonus program in D4, but the entry fee was raised to $200 which is $35 higher than a D5 entry.

I am aware that the win and runner-up money was increased along with this; I just disagree with also taking money off the bottom of the payout sheet to do it.

Being in MN, I don't get to D4 often so it doesn't affect me personally. I was just making an example of the different structures out there.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:23 PM   #16
NHRA Trey

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
I apologize if I caused any confusion. There isn't an optional bonus program in D4, but the entry fee was raised to $200 which is $35 higher than a D5 entry.

I am aware that the win and runner-up money was increased along with this; I just disagree with also taking money off the bottom of the payout sheet to do it.

Being in MN, I don't get to D4 often so it doesn't affect me personally. I was just making an example of the different structures out there.
Ok, Thanks.
Just wanted to make sure you knew what the entry increases were when the purse went up double on the $200 entry. Call if you have any questions or you can view it on the D4 web page.
There are also $500 bonuses on top of the $2000 base to the winner of SC, SG, STK, and SS.
With a $250 bonuses to the Runner Up of SC, SG, STK, and SS as well.
NHRA Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:04 PM   #17
Speer Drag Racing

Liked 44 Times in 7 Posts

I wish this was explained better as well. It would be nice if they posted more about it and really let everyone know. I think it is a great idea, just needs to be ran a little better!

I just saw that in D7 they were paid $2000 for a divisional win. And sounds like D4 is the same? How is this possible when a national only pays $1500?
Speer Drag Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:42 PM   #18
Bill Bogues

Liked 169 Times in 52 Posts
Smile Re: Supplemental Round money in Div. 5

It's a good thing we don't do this for money.........right?
Old 09-13-2021, 09:47 PM   #19
Brad Zaskowski

Liked 80 Times in 18 Posts

We have been doing a Calcutta at our Great Lakes Stock/Super stock races this year also. Last weekend we walked the lanes on the last qualifying run and did a $25 buy in for anyone that wanted to join in. 36 entries bought in to race for more money and 22 didn’t want to which is fine. Our winner Saturday night Mike Warren in his V/SA 69 camaro cashed in on a extra $900 to go with his $2,000 for winning the race. This is our way of keeping the entry fee lower for the racers that just want to come out and have fun while those that don’t mind a little higher entry fee getting to race for some extra cash.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:28 AM   #20
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts

I’m in if someone wants to do the Calcutta thing in St Louis.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote