Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-23-2021, 10:52 AM   #21
Dragrac419

Liked 176 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: Canada US Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gullett View Post
This is my final post ever on classracer. When you get rude comments by some keyboard jockey it’s time to quit. I used to do “live from” a few years ago which I enjoyed. After I won the WF in 2016 there was a post about trustart which basically said I didn’t deserve to win as I red lit worse in the semis. That killed my live from reports. I’m done.
Pleas do not let one moron stop you from posting. We have to deal idiot on a daily basis and can’t let them win with moronic comments. Just don’t let them get to you and keep on doing what you do.
I for one appreciate your reporting and would miss it.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:26 PM   #22
BrayJo

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
I am NOT against being vaccinated but do question it's effectiveness. With the new strain making the round almost half of the new cases in the U.S. are people who have been vaccinated.
I think all 3 manufacturers said point blank in their case studies they are not 100% effective. The claims pending manufacturing were 90-80%. There will be, as we are seeing specially with the Delta virus, break through cases. What it will do is increase your odds greatly from getting sick or hospitalized or in ICU or on a ventilator or dead.

I am not sure where in the US where half of the new cases were those vaccinated, but with this chart you can see the stark decline in cases come vaccinations.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...s-cases-trends

And yes, come the Delta strain and the other strain I can't remember that is stronger than that one, there will be a need for booster shots no different than any other redress of a virus.

Hope that helps.
BrayJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:02 PM   #23
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrayJo View Post
I think all 3 manufacturers said point blank in their case studies they are not 100% effective. The claims pending manufacturing were 90-80%. There will be, as we are seeing specially with the Delta virus, break through cases. What it will do is increase your odds greatly from getting sick or hospitalized or in ICU or on a ventilator or dead.

I am not sure where in the US where half of the new cases were those vaccinated, but with this chart you can see the stark decline in cases come vaccinations.

And yes, come the Delta strain and the other strain I can't remember that is stronger than that one, there will be a need for booster shots no different than any other redress of a virus.

Hope that helps.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6264359083001#sp=show-clips

I'm not disputing your post or intetested in arguing with you.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:32 PM   #24
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrayJo View Post

Hope that helps.

Exactly. I believe the new strain is called lambda.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 03:36 PM   #25
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

I am not a doctor but i am a realist. During this pandemic as it ha been tagged i have worked every day. Raced and traveled as much as ever. Ate lunch at restaurants as normal. Did not wear a mask unless it was mandatory. Did not do any more hand washing or sanitizing than normal. It seems the people that hid in their homes and tried to avoid the virus got it the worst. The ones like us construction workers that work in a unsanitary environment on a regular basis had almost no problem with the virus. I have had only a couple of workers that got the virus on any of my jobsites over the past 1.5 years. The ones that did get it had a mild case and recovered in a matter of days.
My Aunt died from covid. She was a homebody and rarely traveled. she was very overweight and must have had a very weak immunity system. Her husband my uncle only got a mild case. He is the polar opposite of my aunt. Very fit and out working and traveling. So you can see that life style can have a lot to do with your natural immunity to these types of things
So you can see if you have a strong immunity you most likely will not contract the virus or will have a mild case of it.
I have not had the flu in over 20 years and have not missed a day of work due to being sick since that case of flue 20 years ago.
Just my opinion and observation of this ordeal.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:02 PM   #26
Tom P

Liked 213 Times in 85 Posts

Mike, the absolutely huge number of homeless prove what your saying. Those should have been the worst affected, They can't all be drinking Lysol.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:33 PM   #27
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Not so sure I agree with the statement about the homeless. After doing a little fact-checking: A recent report published by the nonprofit National Alliance to End Homelessness projects that the homeless population in the U.S. “will be twice as likely to be hospitalized, two to four times as likely to require critical care, and two to three times as likely to die as the general population” as a result of the pandemic.

I didn’t get vaccinated because anyone told me to do it, I did it because I care about my family and friends. We have had four family members contracted COVID, some worse than others.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote