Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2021, 07:59 AM   #31
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,784 Times in 1,522 Posts
Default Re: Raising Mineshaft Requirements To .95 Under For Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
So if they are considering .95 under why not just do away with mine shaft conditions all together. Why not just do away with Stock being a performance class. No more heads up. No more class run offs. Lets make it an even playing field for those that don't have a clue, or are just to lazy to work on your car to make it faster. It's not just about spending money on your car. It's so much easier just to complain about those that are faster than you and hope NHRA hits them with HP. Got to love the HP welfare system. With AHFS in effect at Indy this year. How many stockers went 1.20. All it did was make many that love the performance side of stock stay away. And those that still went that could run 1.20 under played the game. How many along with me stay awake at night thinking of ways to make your car faster. I'm glad to have someone like Jim Boudreau in my class that is faster than me. He pushes me to want to make my car faster than him. It just sucks that you could get punished with HP for making your car faster in a class that has been performance based. BP
Ya know Barry, I don't want S/SS to ever become a "Not Performance Based" Eliminator . I'm not a fan of the way that the AHFS can be manipulated either. It wasn't designed that way. BUT, let us look at the other side of the "HP welfare system". One that you have taken full advantage of and NEVER seem to have a problem with. Why don't we call it "HP food stamps". You can build your entire combo using parts that were never put on your car. They have been given to you (along with many other Racers and many other combos)by the Tech Dept. over the years and have greatly "enhanced" the performance abilities of your combo. Now IMHO, in a "Performance Based" eliminator, that just isn't "fair". Don't you think that there should be SOMETHING in place to (if used properly and not taken advantage of) repatriate the Racers with combos that didn't qualify or can't take advantage of "HP Food Stamps"?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 08:36 AM   #32
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts

Barry, you and Jim are getting up in age and need plenty of sleep to stay, healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-31-2021, 09:05 AM   #33
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,079 Times in 769 Posts

I would like to see, section by section revisions to the Stock Eliminator rule book written by the ACTIVE racers of this forum. I greatly respect your experience, knowledge and passion for the class we love, so please express your ideas of how it will again make sense to all the competitors.
Billy, Larry and others please take the lead.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote