HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 06-24-2020, 03:28 PM   #11
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: RPM drop while on Stop

What kind of car are we talking about??.. my 27 Roadster has a torsion bar front end, and when it touches down when the stop comes on, it unsettles the floats, and causes an RPM drop similar to yours.. we have tried just about everything to improve it, even putting jet extensions on the front jets.. helped, but not a real fix.. the only thing seems to work for me, is increasing the cruise RPM.. but then you have to add numbers to the timer.. not always a good thing, and can affect MPH if to many numbers are added..

You can also head to left field, and fiddle with the timers and shift points, but don't get lost out there..

The up side is that I can over-lay my graphs, and they are almost identical run to run.. SOOOOO, I dial it, and let go of the button..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #12
sst5167

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: RPM drop while on Stop

I ran a Max Speed carb on 3 cars for years.....so I do have some experience with them. Before you go changing the whole tune-up on the carb, I think a few simple questions need to be answered first.

1. What rpm are you sitting on the stop at?
2. What is timer 1 set at?
3. What is shift timer at?
4. How quickly is the stop shutting down?
5. Do you have pics of your graphs?
sst5167 is offline   Reply With Quote