HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Marco

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default K&R Pro stage for pro tree

Anybody using the pro stage set up for pro tree racing and if so how do you like? it I've been struggling with a pro tree and wonder if it would help
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts
Smile Re: K&R Pro stage for pro tree

I have been using it for many years now. I like it alot. Some things to remember:

1. You have to be sure there is no stumble when you go to wide open throttle from idle.
2. You have to keep yourself from listening for the motor rev up and concentrate on the tree.
3. Because the motor goes up to the 2-step when you press the transbrake button, you cannot push the transbrake button until the fourth stage light comes on.
It takes some getting used to it. If you bracket race with it, you know how nice it is to race with.
Practice, practice, practice....
Dan
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
RacingRicki
Sponsor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: K&R Pro stage for pro tree

I use the starting line enhance feature of the Mega 450 in Pro mode. Sounds like it is the same thing as the pro stage on K&R. I love it because I can bracket race or super race and don't have to change driving styles. I always stage with my foot to the floor and hit the button after both cars are staged. You just have to train yourself to do it that way.

One down side that I found is that since the engine is coming up on the converter as the trans brake is being applied, it tends to be hard on the reverse clutches in the transmission. I put a flow control valve on my air cylinder to slow down the throttle and that seems to have cured it.