HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 06-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
JB2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Transbrake problems

Just installed a new low gear set in my P/G. Went out last weekend everything worked fine on the first time trail. Second T.T. I was on the trans brake, on a full. 500 tree. When I went on the two-step the T/B self-released with my finger on the button and the electric shift solenoid engaged and shift from low to high.

Stopped on the return road everything worked. First Round of Comp. everything was good and then second round the exact same thing happened.

I'm using a BTE solenoid and a Mega 450, shifting off of RPM's.

Has anyone had this type of problem?
JB2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: Transbrake problems

I had a similar problem last season.. after checking with Eddie at Select Perfomance, I checked the power to the trans brake.. if it's not powered correctly, it will release when the power is insuffidient to keep it applied.. other than that, you might want to check your trans pressure as you did just work on it..

AND.. when all else fails, call Eddie at Select Performance..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Check to make sure that the shifter is properly adjusted if things move around enought to bump the trans in drive it will leave! and if it goes back in low your nose will hit the wind shield.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
James Sessoms

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok here is a question for you. How old is your mega 450. I had one of the first ones built. Worked fine for a long time. Then all of a sudden at a points race it began to act up. I would release for no reason. I would roll up stage, press the trans brake button stand on the gas and for no reason it would relase. Would not do it all the time. It would fail. I would check it on the return road worked fine. I checked everything under the sun. Trans, converter, wiring, button. I called Digital Delay. They said they had some boxs. The first 450 that they built with bad output drivers. Sent it back to them they fixed it no charge and sent back to me. I would check that. Good luck