HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #9
Dewdlebug

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: different ts ratio between 1/8and 1/4 mile

I was able to do exactly what Tony mentioned and set up a new Db using the two 1/4 passes. Of course this required me to use the same stop rpm to make things work. But I ended up with about 50% less time in the stop doing it like this. Stop ratio was close to the same, maybe a pinch more.
One thing that I did not catch until Sunday was that I was coming off the stop before the 60' timer. Every adjustment I made to the timer affected the 60' time. Initially I thought track conditions were to blame, but it turned out that wasn't the case. 330' incremental numbers lined up. The right thing to do would have been to raise the stop rpm so I could carry a little more time and get past the 60' cone before coming off the stop. This way I could continue to use the 60' numbers to evaluate track conditions (which were suspect already). But when you're thrown a curve ball like we all were at that race you have to play the hand that you've been dealt.
I've promised myself that I'd work on a ideal 1/8 mi set up in case we get jacked around again like we did at TVRP.
Dewdlebug is offline   Reply With Quote