HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Following somebody Up

Certainly if the points are on the line.....I don't hesitate to follow another driver up or try to get paired with them ist round....It always happens at the end of the season...when the points are close....Although it rarely works out the way you intended it to....but it certainly adds to the fun of the point chase....better to settle the battle yourself then letting somebody else screw it up for you....I remember a few years back when Hughes, and Ross Laris and Jon Womack were in a battle for the S/G title. We tried to surround Womack and ended up running against each other....and that was not what we intended....

I would think Al Kenny would chase Derek to where ever he was going and follow him into the lanes.... I

would....and have many times...If they get to run each other better yet....if you're gonna win a championship you might as well beat the guys close to you so they can't win....plus it makes it exciting....

Doing it as a habit every week is something entirely different.......

I'm as ethical as anybody....except maybe Erks...

so fire away....Jason....

CBS
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
FOR REAL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Following somebody Up

First of all, I will have something to say on this matter later. Second if Jason has anything to say about this subject it will have no merit because Jason probably was never in this position to have to follow or be followed into the lanes. For Real ROOSTERMAN.
FOR REAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Well, you bring up a good point Rock. I guess I feel slightly different about one person following another up if the two of them are locked in a tight points battle at the end of the season. In this case, the one driver is not trying to get himself or herself an easy round win by going duck hunting, and could be doing themselves a complete disservice (if they lose that round, they most likely lose the entire championship).

I'm still not sure I agree with it though. Though these types of scenarios are exciting, as a whole I think I would still rather see the chips fall where they may because during the course of the season I think you have more people duck hunting than you do trying to match themselves up against the people they feel are the biggest threat to their championship success.

Trying to get matched up with a particular person is still possible with a ladder, though it would be highly unlikely with the number of cars we have in the .90 classes. Though, how many times have two title contenders in the .90 classes ended up facing each other in the first two rounds where "random" pairings are done? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't know how often it does (unfortunately, I've never been in that situation!)

I know a couple of contenders squared off last year, at the Vegas divisional I think, but that was in approximately round 4 where they were already on the ladder.

Anyway, my $0.02 (and I don't think anybody would even pay me that for it). I'd still rather see everybody put on a ladder for first round based upon qualifying closest to index without going under. In my fantasy world, the higher qualifier would get lane choice, and the number one qualifier would have first shot at the bye run.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

I too have chased the guy to the lanes i was close to in points. Like you say Rock, I would rather settle it myself than relay on some one else to do my work. I have done it before and it worked one time and the rest of the times i raced someone else. But it was fun watching the look on their face when you pull up next to them.
I one time tried to chase what i thought would be a duck and ended up racing Lynn at the nationals 1st round
in Joliet.... will not do that again. Go up when i am ready and race who ever is next to me!!!!

Question... I am listening to the race in Va. and who is Kendall in S/C running 210 mph. and what is he using for power?
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wink Re: Following somebody Up

Ernie Kendall runs a dragster bbc alky blown, has I think been best of 8.90@206, a reg in D1 pts & a good guy.
& I dont blame you staying away from that red chevelle, she's not too shabby.

gary
GaryGoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Following somebody Up

I chase Rock everywhere , cause it makes me feel loved...
Speaking of E Kendall it's these 206 cars that make racers use excessive breaking.
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #7
Derek Clark 174

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CBS????

I'm glad to see that your thinking about me.....I'm honored..

Who says I'm going anywhere for the rest of the year

Derek
Derek Clark 174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #8
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323

Hey Gary...

Lynn is a Goddess of the track. I was in Columbus and Lynn did awesome and she is a great person.

Chebby everyone loves you, we just show it in different ways... Hahahahaha
Nothing like tough love i always say!

Last edited by SSTRACER323; 10-05-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #9
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

You were just an example...but anyway....hope all is well....

Good luck in the chase....if Al wins I'd certainly be happy for him too...he's a good guy....

I'm just trying to stir up the pot....Chebby has me thinking about going to 1 more race....

???....
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #10
SST1447

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield View Post
Anyway, my $0.02 (and I don't think anybody would even pay me that for it). I'd still rather see everybody put on a ladder for first round based upon qualifying closest to index without going under. In my fantasy world, the higher qualifier would get lane choice, and the number one qualifier would have first shot at the bye run.

FIRST OFF

ill pay the $0.02

i feel the same way, all in all it doesnt matter who you race or what round it is but i would love to see them actually qualify us based on closest to index without going under for first round and high qualified car gets lane choice... thats how we do it up in the HR races in NH but thats a turnout of about 20-25 cars not 60 or so but i can dream cant i. then again after its all said and done it doesnt matter who you race in the end
SST1447 is offline   Reply With Quote