HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 06-15-2021, 11:19 AM   #11
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,776 Times in 569 Posts
Default Re: I Got Beat By The Division Director In Round 1

I am glad that I am in Div. 7 out here in the West.

Our Division Director = Mike Rice has bent out
backwards to be fair with me on a large number of occasions.

I may not always agree with his decisions BUT
I always get a Honest Hearing on the involved Issues!

Last edited by GTX JOHN; 06-15-2021 at 03:21 PM.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #12
Carl Battis

Liked 179 Times in 35 Posts

I thought I’d close the loop on this thread and provide an update for those who were interested.

The day after my original post I received an email from Division 4 Director Trey Capps that included a quasi apology for the confusion and the multiple errors that led to the 5 changes to the Qualifying Sheet and Ladder. He also provided an explanation as to the nature of the glitches that led to such a discombobulated series of errors. He did not offer to make any amends for the outcome.

I responded via email thanking him for his reply, and outlined how I felt it should have been handled. My response was based on my nearly four decades of running a large operation dependent on both mechanical integrity and the human interaction dynamic - specifically trying to strike a balance between operational needs and Customer Service. I asked for some accommodation since he and his staff were largely the cause for the problem. He did not agree in his responses to me, and ultimately left me standing on the curb empty handed.

I’ll paste his final reply below, and my final thoughts back to him.

Trey wrote:

“Here is the ladder and qualifying that you requested. We will continue to use all the available resources we have to inform the racers on site of changes during the day. There will not be any adjustments made to the points, refunds, credits, etc. That is the resolution that we can move forward with.”

My reply:

“Thank you for your prompt response and the documentation that I requested. I am a little disappointed in your continued posture of inflexibility aimed at a patron of your organization who was on the receiving end of a series poor decisions.

In over five decades of providing customer service since I started my first job I can’t recall being so inflexible and unyielding in the treatment of a customer while dealing with a problem that was mostly of my or my staff’s making. The particulars of a specific event may fade over time, but the memory of how you’ve been treated will last forever.

I can promise you that if you ever find yourself overseas trying unsuccessfully to board one of my flights to return home to the United States that I will personally step in to assure you get top notch treatment and are accommodated. All you need to do is to bring it to my attention and it will get fixed. I am in the habit of walking out to the gate before departure to ensure everyone gets accommodated….after all, they pay my salary. I believe with all my heart that we should always do the right thing and strive to find the balance between operational integrity and event schedules. Nobody should be left behind.

Regards,

Carl Battis
720 A/SA”

One final note......racing can be a cruel mistress. Let’s all look out for each other so that we can keep the “Sportsman” element in Sportsman Racing. See you all at the track.
Carl Battis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:41 PM   #13
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Battis View Post
I thought I’d close the loop on this thread and provide an update for those who were interested.

The day after my original post I received an email from Division 4 Director Trey Capps that included a quasi apology for the confusion and the multiple errors that led to the 5 changes to the Qualifying Sheet and Ladder. He also provided an explanation as to the nature of the glitches that led to such a discombobulated series of errors. He did not offer to make any amends for the outcome.

I responded via email thanking him for his reply, and outlined how I felt it should have been handled. My response was based on my nearly four decades of running a large operation dependent on both mechanical integrity and the human interaction dynamic - specifically trying to strike a balance between operational needs and Customer Service. I asked for some accommodation since he and his staff were largely the cause for the problem. He did not agree in his responses to me, and ultimately left me standing on the curb empty handed.

Trey wrote:

“Here is the ladder and qualifying that you requested. We will continue to use all the available resources we have to inform the racers on site of changes during the day. There will not be any adjustments made to the points, refunds, credits, etc. That is the resolution that we can move forward with.”

My reply:

“Thank you for your prompt response and the documentation that I requested. I am a little disappointed in your continued posture of inflexibility aimed at a patron of your organization who was on the receiving end of a series poor decisions.

In over five decades of providing customer service since I started my first job I can’t recall being so inflexible and unyielding in the treatment of a customer while dealing with a problem that was mostly of my or my staff’s making. The particulars of a specific event may fade over time, but the memory of how you’ve been treated will last forever.

I can promise you that if you ever find yourself overseas trying unsuccessfully to board one of my flights to return home to the United States that I will personally step in to assure you get top notch treatment and are accommodated. All you need to do is to bring it to my attention and it will get fixed. I am in the habit of walking out to the gate before departure to ensure everyone gets accommodated….after all, they pay my salary. I believe with all my heart that we should always do the right thing and strive to find the balance between operational integrity and event schedules. Nobody should be left behind.

Regards,

Carl Battis
720 A/SA”

One final note......racing can be a cruel mistress. Let’s all look out for each other so that we can keep the “Sportsman” element in Sportsman Racing. See you all at the track.
Kudos to you Mr Battis, you showed incredible restraint and sportsmanship during this whole debacle and I commend you for taking the high road. Good luck to you in the future.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:45 PM   #14
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:

Trey wrote:

My reply:

Regards,

Carl Battis
720 A/SA”

Carl, I don’t know you BUT I sure like your style. Let me put D4 in perspective. Many years ago the DD stated that we (the racers) should be sooooo happy that we have a place to race AND should not be concerned with the PURSE. …….. nuff said……..

Life is about CHOICES …CHOOSE WISELY ..

Regards…..
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:50 PM   #15
BG56

Liked 274 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:

Trey wrote:

My reply:

Regards,

Carl Battis
720 A/SA”

Well now. That was a pretty cold and abrupt, and short response. Sounds like he's on his way (down) assimilating the leftist politicians out there!
BG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-01-2021, 10:40 PM   #16
Dave Gantz

Liked 219 Times in 114 Posts

Mr Battis:

It seems you caught Mr. Capps at a disadvantage. That is; you know what you're doing, and he doesn't.
Dave Gantz is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-02-2021, 09:03 AM   #17
Cbrinson47

Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Thumbs down Re: I Got Beat By The Division Director In Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
A bad deal for sure CARL ....Brought to you by the same DIVISION that had no working win lights at a divisional last year. Remember the screwing they gave LANCE LINE ......and other racers .....
We don’t DESERVE to be treated this way .....sucks the FUN right out of racing ....
They way things are today why bother spending your money at NHRA races ? I sure as heck wont ! Join a nostalgia circuit or something similar !
Cbrinson47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:19 AM   #18
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

Appropriate quote
“The customer is not always right......but it’s best to remember that they are always the Customer”.

RJ
RJ Sledge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:31 AM   #19
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,596 Times in 371 Posts

Sound like the guys a robot and is never wrong.
How about sorry about you situation. Geez
Old 07-02-2021, 01:07 PM   #20

Liked 906 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrinson47 View Post
They way things are today why bother spending your money at NHRA races ? I sure as heck wont ! Join a nostalgia circuit or something similar !
Because we build and race these cars to run at NHRA races. It's why we attract 175+ stock and super stock races at diviision1 races. Association races are nice, but they aren't NHRA races. Do you just race your car at association races? If so, I'm glad you are fine with just that.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote