HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-18-2020, 05:12 PM   #1
matt82114

Liked 117 Times in 28 Posts
Default Future races of 2020

As many of you probably already know, Tony Shumacher just landed a 6 race deal with a major sponsorship.

Think about that.

The biggest team in NHRA pretty much just told everybody that they believe there will be more races. Because Don wouldn't have signed that deal unless he thinks there will be more National Events.

Now, where will they be? That's the question. It wouldn't surprise me if we have at least 4 more at Indy after the US Nationals. There are so many people on social media guessing that the season will be over after the US Nationals. I'm literally willing to bet money we will still be racing after the US Nationals.

Good luck to all. And I'm looking forward to the D3 race in BG next weekend. I'll be taking my entire family on Saturday just to watch racing and walk the pits.

Matt Hanley
Leverich Racing - TF
matt82114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
CMcAllister

Liked 745 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Future races of 2020

As I read it - DSR had obligations to a number of companies for a certain number of races and it was to the point where there weren't enough races left to fulfill those obligations with the teams he had running. So everyone agreed to put Tony in the Dragster with backing from two of those companies in order to take care of everyone..

Nice to see all of them work together during a bad situation and not just bail. A little good news after a year full of bad news. Keeping cars on the track, regardless the class, is a good thing.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote