HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing

Old 01-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #31
John Beasaw III

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: NYIRP back under Metcalfe management

Yes Chris they still race at Spencer Speedway and yes its still 1/10 long. New ownership there too. Had some rough spots but they are getting better. Track has teeth.

I think with the IHRA's "flagship" track mansfield having the plug pulled. It would be the prime time for a track like NYIRP, to step up and make the improvements so it may become the new flagship as we all know the there old ship set sail for greener ($$$-nhra-$$$) waters.
John Beasaw III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #32
footbreaker272

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am going to be a new racer there this year. And some of you are painting a dim picture. I knew lancaster is not all that hot but its going to be 10 minutes from where i am going to live And if its that bad ill make the tow to thompson. Is the money good everyweek no pay out problems?
footbreaker272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #33
70nova

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: NYIRP back under Metcalfe management

I see where they are going to keep entrance fees the same as last year
70nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #34
EricArrow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I always enjoyed racing with Bob and Donna...Yes it took the whole day up but it is a more relaxed deal than the Friday night thing at Lancaster. Although I like what Ralph has done with the classes an payout at Lancaster...some of you may remember Vito's comments years ago when it was suggested to combine the classes. I wasn't to impressed with a guard being at the bottom of the tower during Vito's term at NYIRP either...part of the attraction of that track is the family atmosphere.

I wish them both good luck...Bob and Vito..and hopefully I'll make a few races up in NY this season.....

PS....whats up Sammy, Mike and JJ....
Old 02-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #35
racer913

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess racers really get board in the off season. I know the some of the names here and pretty sure you like myself are not racing for a living every track no matter who the owner will have pros and cons be happy you can race and you do have a choice of where to race
racer913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #36
70nova

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I Just Like Racing ill race at lancaster and nyirp but fees also play a part
Old 03-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #37
pontiac

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to pontiac

Hello everyone,Dave here(Dave Dailey) kinda easy to figure out with the screen name.I also enjoyed having Vito owning (or running the track) last year because he did have new ideas for it.There were alot more going on it seemed,quick 8 show's,class racing and so on.I never had a problem with Bob but i'll be another one to say it would probably have more shows and diierent races there with Vito a the owner.It takes money to make money.
On the other hand i'm also a racer that goes to other track(and yes i do win at other track)..lol,had to ad that one..lol..I enjoy going to Dunn Tire aqnd racing.The only hard part is getting there on Friday night as i live eighty miles away but i'll still continue to race there as i enjoy the track along with the fellow racers and owners.
I also enjoy going to ESTA which takes me an hour and a half and cost thirteen(times two) to get in the front gate then another 45 to race.I also enjoy the people and thewy also treat me well when we race there.
All said and done i hope all the tracks has a great turn out this year.
Hey Samand the rest of the guys from Dunn,"i hear you and know where you're comming from"keep the good word going.
pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #38
sammy christian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks for the comments dave, it's good to know that there are atleast a few racers out there that pay attention and have a clue.
funny how some people are quick to blame vito for "everything that is wrong with the world" -bob was right there holding his hand all of last season! why is it only vito's fault?
sammy christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #39
70nova

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had to take the year off so i cant say how it was run but there was a lot of rain last year it would have been tough for anyone .
Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #40
KillerKen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Opening Day! 270 Plus cars on Saturday. Lots of venders at the swapmeet lots of great deals. Heres to a great year of Drag Racing at the Big Track, NYIRP in 2009!
KillerKen is offline   Reply With Quote