Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-09-2020, 05:09 PM   #111
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,469 Times in 1,699 Posts
Default Re: covid poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
Mark, you state that "there aren't many libbies in motorsports, for obvious reasons". Please explain what those reasons are because they certainly aren't obvious to me.
Sure, Bill
A little later on today, I promise
(word of a fiscal conservative)
Old 06-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #112
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 845 Times in 296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Sure, Jeff..but I'll start another thread, if you don't mind.

As an aside, I was just in a discount food market, and a lady stops me and asks me if I like the music they're playing, because she didn't .I had it tuned out in my head, but then a said, well, I hate ZZ Top, so yeah, but we'll see what's next. I saw her again, as they were playing Born to be Wild..In other words, the "Classic Rock" channel.
Not a good decision by the management, in my opinion.
I think the classic rock format is the vilest form of radio music there is. I don't need Irving at the agency in New York telling me what 50 songs I have to listen to, all day, every day, over and over.
Yes , the artists like Clapton, Steve Miller etc. have paid their dues.
But how about the original Steve Miller Band and Space Cowboy or Livin' in the USA, instead of The Joker, every single day? The last time you heard anything by Blind Faith?

Later...
Yes another thread, someday. These political threads get too heated unless we blend away once in a while. But lets get back on track........ ( Loved Blind Faith, I remember listening to it while I was skipping school. LOL )
Old 06-09-2020, 06:20 PM   #113
Hacksaw

Liked 277 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Yes another thread, someday. These political threads get too heated unless we blend away once in a while. But lets get back on track........ ( Loved Blind Faith, I remember listening to it while I was skipping school. LOL )
I can't find my way home.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:17 PM   #114
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Sure, Bill
A little later on today, I promise
(word of a fiscal conservative)
Let me do this, before this thread goes away.

I'll cut right to the chase ,and then the back story, Certain PEEpS don't have much attention span.

The way I see it, liberals in motorsports walk around all day , stepping on their own ..you know whats, supporting causes and pols of the Left. I capitalize Left, because it is the religion of these folks.
We see the lawyers of the Left, teaming up with the homeowners of the Left, who hate racing, going before judges of the Left, to get racetracks put out of business, all across this country.
We also see them trying to pass noise ordinances, after they were dumb enough to buy near a racetrack.
We see the environmental whackos of the Left going after leaded racing fuels, in typical Lefty " save the planet" mode.
We see the politicians of the Left, raising taxes on the small and medium businesses, and forcing them to provide insurance or pay a fine. These are the people would build the parts we need such as pistons,cams, valves, etc. I personally have talked to probably 50 shops, who weren't hiring, and weren't investing in new equipment ,until Obama was gone. Now, under the Trump economy, they have expanded and are doing great.
There are also many minor league player of the Left involved here.

Bill, I grew up in the Big D land of Ct. too. My daddy told me I had to vote for the party of slavery and the KKK. How about yours? I didn't know any better. We weren't taught this in our schools..It was just JFK , all the time.
My mother was a State Rep. She ran unopposed a few times.No Republican would waste his money on a campaign there. I went to her victory parties and knew all her friends in politics. I had to register and vote "D" , otherwise she'd hear about it.
After I moved away and tried to start businesses, I found a new respect for conservatism. When I went back after 20 years, I found all my racing and hot rod friends listening to Rush, and reading Dr.Savage. I found out that 98% were conservative in their ideology. We never even talked about politics back in the 70's
But they must have used the same thought process I did.

Anyway, running long here.
Bottom line..If you're going to be a devotee of the Left, drive your Prius or ride your bicycle to work or play..Don't support motorsports , either as a racer or a professional spectator..In other words, walk the walk. Don't just talk the talk.. Don't be a hypocrite.

Any of "the squad" that has a cogent rebuttal, go for it ..No name calling , or I'll pull the whole thing.

Last edited by Mark Yacavone; 06-10-2020 at 12:17 AM.
Mark Yacavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:38 PM   #115
Stan Weiss

Liked 545 Times in 291 Posts

Fiscal conservatism is a political and economic philosophy regarding fiscal policy and fiscal responsibility advocating low taxes, reduced government spending and minimal government debt.

JMO Sure sounds like the anti-Trump.

Stan
Stan Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-09-2020, 10:52 PM   #116
Randy Wells

Liked 990 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Fiscal conservatism is a political and economic philosophy regarding fiscal policy and fiscal responsibility advocating low taxes, reduced government spending and minimal government debt.

Stan

Sta,

Did you send your stimulus check back? I didn't because I didn't get one. I lived in Alaska for 23 years and never filed for a permanent fund check, why because I didn't work for it. Just the way I was raised.

Randy
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #117
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Quote:

Stan
Guano occurs..
Old 06-09-2020, 11:25 PM   #118
Stan Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
Sta,

Did you send your stimulus check back? I didn't because I didn't get one. I lived in Alaska for 23 years and never filed for a permanent fund check, why because I didn't work for it. Just the way I was raised.

Randy

Randy,
You seem to have no idea what is being said here. Why does it matter if I got a stimulus check or not. I am the libel here. Ask Mark I want to spend everybody's money.

Stan
Old 06-09-2020, 11:34 PM   #119
Randy Wells

Liked 990 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Randy,
You seem to have no idea what is being said here. Why does it matter if I got a stimulus check or not. I am the libel here. Ask Mark I want to spend everybody's money.

Stan
Stan,

I know exactly what is being said here, you are blaming Trump for the out of control deficit, when Obama more then tripled it in 8 years, Trump is dealing with Nancy, and yes I am not happy, I would not of signed any of the spending bills, shut the country down, but Trump is partisan to keep things running. Now come on Stan you did cash that check didn't you. LOL. Let me guess you have a liberal arts degree.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:45 PM   #120
Stan Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post
Stan,

I know exactly what is being said here, you are blaming Trump for the out of control deficit, when Obama more then tripled it in 8 years, Trump is dealing with Nancy, and yes I am not happy, I would not of signed any of the spending bills, shut the country down, but Trump is partisan to keep things running. Now come on Stan you did cash that check didn't you. LOL. Let me guess you have a liberal arts degree.

Randy,
What about the first 2 years when Paul ran the House and the big tax cuts with no marching spending cuts?

Stan