HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 02-26-2021, 11:32 PM   #1
HawkBrosMav

Liked 276 Times in 68 Posts
Default Holley EFI O2 Sensor position -- Merge Collector

Curious as the opinions of where to place the O2 sensor in the header. We have some Headman Hussler headers that had the O2 bung in the collector. We have the out of the box collector on the car with an Xpipe on it the entire time the car has been together, so we just ran the O2 there. This off season we purchased some stainless merge collectors and they don't have a bung in them. We had already welded a 2nd bung in one of the primaries about 6-8 inches before the collector. So for now to get the car running that is where the O2 is.

We want to experiment a little with and without the Xpipe. So I guess Ultimately I have 2 questions. Will putting a bung in the collector just after the merge affect the effectiveness of the merge?

Second, I assume when not running the Xpipe or any additional extension after the new merge collector having the O2 in the collector is going to cause some issues with being too close to fresh air. Where do most of you run the O2? I was also thinking just running in a single primary wasn't an effective strategy either..

Thanks
Brad
HawkBrosMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #2
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,452 Times in 540 Posts
Default Re: Holley EFI O2 Sensor position -- Merge Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkBrosMav View Post
Curious as the opinions of where to place the O2 sensor in the header. We have some Headman Hussler headers that had the O2 bung in the collector. We have the out of the box collector on the car with an Xpipe on it the entire time the car has been together, so we just ran the O2 there. This off season we purchased some stainless merge collectors and they don't have a bung in them. We had already welded a 2nd bung in one of the primaries about 6-8 inches before the collector. So for now to get the car running that is where the O2 is.

We want to experiment a little with and without the Xpipe. So I guess Ultimately I have 2 questions. Will putting a bung in the collector just after the merge affect the effectiveness of the merge?

Second, I assume when not running the Xpipe or any additional extension after the new merge collector having the O2 in the collector is going to cause some issues with being too close to fresh air. Where do most of you run the O2? I was also thinking just running in a single primary wasn't an effective strategy either..

Thanks
Brad
You do not want to put the O2 sensor on the primaries.

Here is some good information.

https://www.holley.com/blog/post/how..._an_o2_sensor/

https://www.dragzine.com/tech-storie...om-brian-macy/
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote