Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-13-2022, 10:20 PM   #111
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts
Default Re: Lets talk NHRA Stk/SS with Lonnie Grim - Ideas - Comment

fellow dinosaurs ....
currently we are like the last group of dinosaurs when the ice age came ... we're huddled together trying not to die talking about the good old days ... i can see our breath

dear lonnie > you most certainly can fix a few issues and make our "hospice" way better.
common sense is the tool least used in nhra's attempts to keep us alive.

first of all id love to see more teardowns but dinos we all know the guys who can tear down a 62 413 cross ram and know what is right & wrong are too damn old to be working 14hour 100 degree days ... so we maybe the engine builders need to make themselves available to nhra or maybe some retired racers ??

the ahfs wont work unless as paul wong said you make it WORTH taking a hp hit : qualifying, points for records, increase quotas not field sizes, awards)

we are a killer car show ... however if we always run 1/4 till the rooster crows no one sees us most put cars in box asap so pit pass is like a trailer / motor home show.

now here is where my fellow dinos will roar maybe we chenge the classes a bit .... like all (s&SS) flat hood non FI mostly pre 78 into yesterday drags class and all the new 160mph hood scoop guys go to comp >> yall hate me but that be cool

and concerning the weights nhra has published for 40 years ... as a business person why would your tech department just "choose" to piss off 75% of your customers ... if someone wants to question what my car weighed in 1960 bring them to me

thanks and good luck sir its getting colder

oh a suggestion after track is secure if you would wander around the sportsman pits we'd really feed you good and several trailers have well outfitted bars... weve had TWO announcers RIP that we all loved and this is what they always did they knew about us !!!
Old 05-15-2022, 08:52 AM   #112
MikeMoller

Liked 242 Times in 72 Posts

One improvement I would like to see-if you go faster than 1.20 and get torn down and found legal, if the run is faster than the current record for the class they should give you the record. You should get something besides HP.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:55 PM   #113
kansas stocker

Liked 223 Times in 43 Posts

I'm going to take a different approach here.
1. Lower the entry fees to $100.
Don't think they will raise the winnings enough to pay for the high dollar heads
and motorhome.
2. Class at every national event. Back the car off of the trailer ready to race. No time
trials, class instead. No one in your class, one run and if you are under the index
you win class and go to eliminations. All class winners are in and the rest of the
field is made up of cars most under the index.
3. Top ten cars get points 10 to 1 for 1to 10.
4. Record holder at end of the year gets 10 points.
5. Records are published in every edition of ND.
6. When the first pair runs the line is closed.

The young man doing the interviews for NHRA is correct, Stock Eliminator is the biggest car show on earth.
kansas stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:02 PM   #114
Paul Wong

Liked 379 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoller View Post
One improvement I would like to see-if you go faster than 1.20 and get torn down and found legal, if the run is faster than the current record for the class they should give you the record. You should get something besides HP.
That would be an added bonus to push it to the breaking point of 1.20 for sure. I used to enjoy setting records multiple times a year but it cam to a point where that appeared to be a nuisance to the tech officials.
Paul Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:59 PM   #115
kansas stocker

Liked 223 Times in 43 Posts

Forgot to add, unlimited entries. Pick a number run for the eliminator win.

64 everywhere but Indy sounds reasonable.
kansas stocker is offline   Reply With Quote