HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Support Tech

Old 11-30-2021, 08:30 PM   #1
Eric Merryfield

Liked 467 Times in 113 Posts
Default 99-2003 7.3 diesel Forscan any users?

Downloaded Forscan onto the W7 laptop ordered a approved for forscan OBDLink EX cable and we will see if it connects at the latest version. tried a questionable amazon J2534 first of course, truck didn't connect.

I'll update the sucess or lack of thereoff once the cable rolls in. If anyone has gotten it to work, let me know the software version please. Forscan looks like a great open source solution for the majority that aren't professional mechanics.

Eric
Old 11-30-2021, 08:56 PM   #2
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,631 Times in 515 Posts
Default Re: 99-2003 7.3 diesel Forscan any users?

I use it on my 07 6.0 shows exactly what I needed to diagnose issues. Was a free download for a few months.
the adapter I bought was on Amazon, it was what they suggested.
Again this is a great tool, saving me big time to find the correct problems instead of just replacing parts!
It did have a limitation I found. I could not get on the module to tell it to turn on the cruise function after installing one from my older truck. Ford guy fixed that for me …
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
Eric Merryfield

Liked 467 Times in 113 Posts
Default Re: 99-2003 7.3 diesel Forscan any users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith 944 View Post
I use it on my 07 6.0 shows exactly what I needed to diagnose issues. Was a free download for a few months.
the adapter I bought was on Amazon, it was what they suggested.
Again this is a great tool, saving me big time to find the correct problems instead of just replacing parts!
It did have a limitation I found. I could not get on the module to tell it to turn on the cruise function after installing one from my older truck. Ford guy fixed that for me …
Got it to work yesterday after installing the drivers for cord. Wow what a tool. A real godsend to diagnose GEM issues like a abs light(right front wheel sensor), and unknown issues like a interior light issue, as well as a wiper issue, now I know. A must for those with a Ford!

Eric