Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-23-2022, 08:34 AM   #41
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,649 Times in 521 Posts
Default Re: Live from the Rock LODRS 2-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
Honestly guys I didn't have a problem and I would say there was not a problem for 95 percent of the racers. I'm not saying it was great and I by no means have a high horsepower car. I saw a few times when there would be 2 or 3 in a row that were having an issue and I think they were trying to stay on top of it. The track staff worked on it in the very early hours of Sunday morning and I didn't see any issues Sunday. That being said if you have one racer like Joey Warren who couldn't hardly get his SS car down the track Friday that's a problem in my book. I'm sure he felt like he wasted his money this weekend and I know some people will say well it's a small tire car. But the same car doesn't have a problem anywhere else. I just hate to see anyone have a bad experience.
There's other issues at the facility that need attention like the pits. The pit roads are horrible if you watch someone try to drive a dragster around the place avoiding the potholes so they don't rip the nose cone off of it. The bathrooms look the same as they did when I first took a leak in there in the 90's. Maybe I'm spoiled by places like Zmax and Galot but I don't think it would hurt if he spent a little money on the place. The whole experience for me starts with the racing surface but there much more to it than just that. My 2 cents.
I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the rock got a huge grant from the state so maybe that will be used for repairs
I always loved that place but I have to agree it has gone downhill quite a bit in the last 10 to 15 years
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:54 AM   #42
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,869 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith 944 View Post
I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the rock got a huge grant from the state so maybe that will be used for repairs
I always loved that place but I have to agree it has gone downhill quite a bit in the last 10 to 15 years
I certainly hope so Keith the place is an historic landmark as far as I'm concerned I can still remember the place being packed with people in the 80's and 90's and would hate to see it go away.
Liked
Old 05-23-2022, 10:29 AM   #43
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Here is the article:

https://www.thepilot.com/news/state-...43c9789d6.html
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:19 PM   #44
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
Honestly guys I didn't have a problem and I would say there was not a problem for 95 percent of the racers. I'm not saying it was great and I by no means have a high horsepower car. I saw a few times when there would be 2 or 3 in a row that were having an issue and I think they were trying to stay on top of it. The track staff worked on it in the very early hours of Sunday morning and I didn't see any issues Sunday. That being said if you have one racer like Joey Warren who couldn't hardly get his SS car down the track Friday that's a problem in my book. I'm sure he felt like he wasted his money this weekend and I know some people will say well it's a small tire car. But the same car doesn't have a problem anywhere else. I just hate to see anyone have a bad experience.
There's other issues at the facility that need attention like the pits. The pit roads are horrible if you watch someone try to drive a dragster around the place avoiding the potholes so they don't rip the nose cone off of it. The bathrooms look the same as they did when I first took a leak in there in the 90's. Maybe I'm spoiled by places like Zmax and Galot but I don't think it would hurt if he spent a little money on the place. The whole experience for me starts with the racing surface but there much more to it than just that. My 2 cents.

Actually they did repave some bad sections of the pit road up the hill from the scale. That was really rough before. With the small car count there was plenty of unused space on the paved pit area. The place does need a facelift especially the restrooms. They have gotten pretty raunchy. The track was much better on Saturday and Sunday than on Friday. I spun so bad on Q run 3 that I had to abort the run. I did find that my shock settings were too tight and once I loosened the car up a bit it went right down like it’s supposed to.
Hopefully the new owner will return the track to its former glory or better. Galot is proof it can be done. That place is incredibly nice.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:07 PM   #45
KennyAnderson

Liked 234 Times in 80 Posts

Mike we typically park up on the hill in the trees......normally we don't have to worry about room up there. For some reason that was PRIME real estate this past weekend! LOL!!

PS Congrats on your win!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-23-2022, 07:46 PM   #46
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyAnderson View Post
Mike we typically park up on the hill in the trees......normally we don't have to worry about room up there. For some reason that was PRIME real estate this past weekend! LOL!!

PS Congrats on your win!
thanks Kenny. The shaded pit area was premium last weekend with the hot weather forecast. I looked for one of those spots too. They were gone or roped off when I arrived.