Old 06-04-2020, 11:59 PM   #31
kansas stocker

Liked 233 Times in 44 Posts
Default Re: U,s, nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyDuncan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas stocker View Post
Brian and Phil on the youtube broadcast without a doubt said there would be class racing at Indy. Phil stated that some would rather win class at Indy than win a national event.
Pete

Shows how out of touch NHRA & Burgess are thinking Fastest car in class is equivalent to racing and winning class at Indy!

They should at least pair them up by class for 2nd qualifier and give class win to fastest winning car.
Well they made me look pretty foolish. It really isn't that hard to do. Like an elephant, I won't forget.
Pete
kansas stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:20 AM   #32
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

All I can say for those D1 racers who don’t want to travel to Indy on Labor Day because they don’t have class this year, The East Coast Stock/SS series is tentatively scheduled to have a race at ATCO that weekend along with the .90 series. Would be a nice warm-up for those who want to get a few hits in before heading to Maple Grove for the Nationals.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:24 AM   #33
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

NHRA has forgotten the part they struggle with the most at Indy.....Parking! Maybe the crew from Glendora will fly in and do it ? With the current schedule, they may have to cancel parking as well.

You know there is a model that works as an alternative to class at Indy. Just like the Baby Gators.

It would work. Pick a points meet to have the “Indy class runoff’s” They could even grant an AHFS hall pass. Then just get it done.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:06 AM   #34
Kevin Panzino

Liked 550 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post

You know there is a model that works as an alternative to class at Indy. Just like the Baby Gators.

It would work. Pick a points meet to have the “Indy class runoff’s” They could even grant an AHFS hall pass. Then just get it done.
Blasphemy!!!!!! Good heavens NO.
Indy National event and class there is the absolute pinnacle of class racing, a tradition and cherished event for class racers!!! It stands as the centerpiece for what we do.
Kevin Panzino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #35
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,617 Times in 1,290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas stocker View Post
Well they made me look pretty foolish. It really isn't that hard to do. Like an elephant, I won't forget.
Pete
No Pete, it’s not on you. Unfortunately with this organization at times, the LEFT hand doesn’t know what the RIGHT hand is doing.....I have one of those ELEPHANT memories also......
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #36
Robert McCoy

Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRatcliff View Post
Well, it has been answered.

http://www.nhraracer.com/content/gen...860&zoneid=175

Super Stock and Stock Class Eliminations Notice
Due to the restructuring of the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series for 2020, Stock and Super Stock Class Eliminations will not take place at the US Nationals. We will award the quickest car in each class (with more than 1 competitor) the Class Trophy. For those classes with single competitors, we will create the Combos and award the quickest competitor in each Combo the Class Trophy. Contingency Awards will be awarded as well.

Jeg’s Sportsnationals –

Class Eliminations will be held (weather/time permitting) at the Columbus Jeg’s Sportsnationals for Stock and Super Stock.

Class Eliminations will NOT be contested at the New England Jeg’s Sportsnationals event.
When they answered me on the Live Video one has to guess Phil did not have all the details. Phil is a pretty straight up guy in my experience, so he answered the best that he could at the time.
Robert McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #37
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts

We used to say that we didn't race our cars on paper, well, NHRA changed that. Now the fastest car in class will get the trophy and contingency. So if you make a really fast pass in your class, then break, you get the class win.
Racing is racing, but now it's going to be a paper win.
Casey Miles
Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:23 AM   #38
Eric Bell

Liked 96 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post
So much for cheap diesel. We will do our own hemi race in November.
I'd like to see someone put on a race Labor Day weekend (Fri - Sun) for Stk & SS cars with class. I'm not going to Indy now but would go elsewhere if there was class.....and Hemi cars
Eric Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:06 AM   #39
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Panzino View Post
Blasphemy!!!!!! Good heavens NO.
Indy National event and class there is the absolute pinnacle of class racing, a tradition and cherished event for class racers!!! It stands as the centerpiece for what we do.
I understand completely, however, it the choice is class runoffs or no class runoffs....an alternative that allows us to race class is better than not having it at all.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #40
Steve Polhill

Liked 262 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRatcliff View Post
Well, it has been answered.

http://www.nhraracer.com/content/gen...860&zoneid=175

Super Stock and Stock Class Eliminations Notice
Due to the restructuring of the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series for 2020, Stock and Super Stock Class Eliminations will not take place at the US Nationals. We will award the quickest car in each class (with more than 1 competitor) the Class Trophy. For those classes with single competitors, we will create the Combos and award the quickest competitor in each Combo the Class Trophy. Contingency Awards will be awarded as well.
Why even bother having class at Indy then?