HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 05-04-2021, 10:47 AM   #11
cal

Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cal
Default Re: Congrats Keith Mayers

Way to go!!!
You still be one of the BEST SST racers out there for sure!

Cal SST 1177
cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-04-2021, 08:24 PM   #12
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts

Jason, I absolutely love that video. I laughed out loud all the way through it. So sad but you are right on the money. And I'm sure that is exactly what the suite's are thinking about us sportsman racers. I received an email from Josh Peterson thanking us for attending the Atlanta national event. I responded with concerns of only receiving $250 for getting to the 4th round at a national event. He said that's why they have a "lucrative" contingency program for the sportsman racers. You only get contingency money if you reach the final. So in my mind he was just blowing smoke up my ***. It sure is frustrating to know you pay all that money, plus "required" insurance for attending a national event, and the pay out is roughly the same as a divisional race. And they wonder why the sportsman racers are frustrated with NHRA. They just don't get it I guess. I sure hope Bo, Dave and Jason can get something going for the other sportsman classes to go along with their successful S/SS races. Everyone I know that attended those races raved about how they were treated, how the race was run, and the genuine appreciation for attending their event. Hope it grows to be huge. Big brother needs some competition to have an attitude check. Wonder if we could ever get the sportsman racers to boycott just one national event to see what would happen. I'm sure that would get the attention of big brother!
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:19 PM   #13
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts

You should have seen the original version of that video. Way too funny.
Come join us at maple grove may 22 weekend s/st is paying 5k for Saturday and then we have another race on Sunday with many prizes and entertainment. There is even parking and test and tune Friday. Look into it at mid Atlantic.90. You would love it I promise!
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote