HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Bracket Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Div.6 Summit ET Finals- Boise Idaho

Just trying to find out if anyone knows which websites will carry any round by round results, if any. I'm especially concerned about Saturday's Race of Champions. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Jack Parris

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Div.6 Summit ET Finals- Boise Idaho

Danny, dragracecentral.com has some info now.
Jack Parris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Div.6 Summit ET Finals- Boise Idaho

Thanks Jack,,,I see its finally up. I called the track earlier today and Jonathan had'nt put anything on yet.I'm just keeping an eye on a couple (actually more than a couple) friends who are in the R.O.C.from various tracks. By the way, hows the Challenger doing? You've got to come out and run an event before the seasons done, don't you think? Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
DemonChick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Our BIG CONGRATS go to our VERY GOOD friend JIM SIBLEY for his VERY BIG win in ROC Bike....the 68 year young guy is as happy as can be, after speaking to him after his win!! This man has raced everything under the sun, he and his bike are a great match and winning!
Also congrats go to Pro racer Steve Kelly on his win in the ROC. He is on a winning roll this year, raking in many wins and big dollars in 2008!!
Congrats to Sportsman winner Dallas Glenn, in that beautiful El Camino.

Congrats to all and to all that made the long tow down.

Wish we could've been there to race in S/Pro but the house renovations kept us home.

Vicki (and Dave) Strell
DemonChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
savoyracer

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Div.6 Summit ET Finals- Boise Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonChick View Post
Our BIG CONGRATS go to our VERY GOOD friend JIM SIBLEY for his VERY BIG win in ROC Bike....the 68 year young guy is as happy as can be, after speaking to him after his win!! This man has raced everything under the sun, he and his bike are a great match and winning!
Also congrats go to Pro racer Steve Kelly on his win in the ROC. He is on a winning roll this year, raking in many wins and big dollars in 2008!!
Congrats to Sportsman winner Dallas Glenn, in that beautiful El Camino.

Congrats to all and to all that made the long tow down.

Wish we could've been there to race in S/Pro but the house renovations kept us home.

Vicki (and Dave) Strell
...............I think that the Sportsman winner will not be allowed to go to Pomona to race in the national event it appears that he will be 21 days short of the age of 18. Now I have no dog in this hunt, BUT, I [personal opinion] think that sucks. You would also think that in that case the runner up in the "race of champions" would then take his place.....Wrong again my friends, the winner of Sundays bracket race will be elevated to that lofty position. I also wish you guys could have been there!! perhaps then Mission could have at least tried to field a legitimate S/Pro team for the Race of Champions. I firmly believe that the rules are made for everyone, and the rules requiring a racer to have attended 50% of the tracks events are to reward those racers that support the track, and the SUMMIT RACING SERIES. not to mention that there is at least a three race minimum, just to be able to go to Boise on the team{ but not the race of champions] just my two cents!!!!!!!!!
savoyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
DemonChick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I think that the Sportsman winner will not be allowed to go to Pomona to race in the national event it appears that he will be 21 days short of the age of 18. Now I have no dog in this hunt, BUT, I [personal opinion] think that sucks. You would also think that in that case the runner up in the "race of champions" would then take his place.....Wrong again my friends, the winner of Sundays bracket race will be elevated to that lofty position. I also wish you guys could have been there!! perhaps then Mission could have at least tried to field a legitimate S/Pro team for the Race of Champions. I firmly believe that the rules are made for everyone, and the rules requiring a racer to have attended 50% of the tracks events are to reward those racers that support the track, and the SUMMIT RACING SERIES. not to mention that there is at least a three race minimum, just to be able to go to Boise on the team{ but not the race of champions] just my two cents!!!!!!!!!
That would suck if Dallas can't race but you would think they would let him race considering it is a Sportsman bracket car and not a fast et/mph car. I hope they reconsider that ruling!

I edited this out because I asummed things and I apologize.
Thanks Bill for stating these facts you have mentioned.

As for Stefan looking into the actual rules before he went I commend him for spending the time in doing it.
This rule thing for the et finals has gotten out of hand over the years and many didn't look into it like Stef did.
He is a GOOD bracket racer and wants to race, I don't blame him for being there, it's nhra and the rules they lay out which many, I am sure, had no clue about.

As for Sib...he told me about the controversy surrounding this...but not everything. The way I interpeted it was if they let one they'll have to let them all race. Sib didn't want to race the roc because he didn't have the 50% of races but because of that rule you stated Bill, re div. races, N.O. races etc he was told by the d6d he could race. He went there to race in the team race, as we know he hasn't missed one et finals ever, so he was shocked by it all to!!

Bill you know I'd have a good argument with you anytime, but this time I won't argue with you, lol.

Last edited by DemonChick; 09-03-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: because I assumed
Old 09-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
savoyracer

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Glad to see that I am not alone on this issue. I agree with you 100%, I wonder why the captain of the ship here in Division six will not enforce his own rules. Also wonder what the Summit reaction would be if they were made aware of this. especially if one of the ringers had won the ROC. I have no problem with the Lucas Oil series guys racing brackets, just put in the time and effort that is required of everyone else, all the weekend warriors, Moms and Pops, high school kids, Jr. dragsters etc. that have to suck it up in order to race the car on the weekends, so that they can have a chance at a divisional or national title. To have LODRS cars jump over to the summit series BRACKET FINALS, without putting in any of the time nor effort that is required of the "little" guy just sucks. And if an NHRA official not only has condoned it, BUT even helped it to happen, then we do not have much of a future left in this summit bracket race series we so enjoy. I support Summit with my race parts purchases, because they support my racing hobby. perhaps an e-mail to the div. 6 director asking if he is going to enforce the rules, or ignore them. If he does not answer, or stonewalls, then I suppose we can e-mail Summit and ask them the same questions.
savoyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
BILL KONDOLAY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

People should know the rules before getting into this thread because you will end up looking like an idiot. Unnamed sources, and secret names dont cut it on a topic like this. You got something to say own up.

How dare you guys quote un named and un informed sources.

First of all the rules states , YOU MUST ATTEND 50 % of the races at that track in order to qualify for the race of champions. As written it says ATTEND , like it or not that is what it says. WHAT DONT YOU GUYS GET ABOUT THAT . I dont give a **** if you dont like it. We left only after Glendora confirmed that was the criteria and we definitely met that criteria.

Unfortunately some members of Team Ashcroft decided to protest, guys like Closkey, Thompson, Gibson, and maybe even the management , eventhough management denied it. We even had Kenny Orser that was on Mission that had an issue, we knew that at least he had the guts to tell us that .

Stefan has gotten an apology, from Closkey,Jeff and Orser, but i am PISSED. HOW DARE YOU PEOPLE, SOME OF WHO WERE NOT EVEN THERE directly or indirectly accuse us of cheating and then hide behind sources. WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE THAT WERE NOT EVEN THERE getting involved for .Its none of your business and you are just a bunch of gossip mongers.

The intent of the rule as explained to us is to prevent guys like Stefan from going out and racing at far away tracks like Medicine hat for exapmple just to get into the race of chanpions. Let's face it this is the Jody Lang rule they came up with a few years ago. Unfortunately it keeps the best of the best in some cases from being in the race of champions.

NONE OF THIS applied to us , we MET THE CRITERIA. Stefan's home track IS MISSION.
VICKY, WHAT was Sibleys home track ? You congratulate him because he is your friend. WHAT CRITERIA DID HE MEET ? We are not a bunch of friggin cry babies, we did not protest him , he did nothing to us we like the guy . Good for him he won.

This whole thing was disgusting and the whole bunch of you should be ashamed of your selves. We took Stefan girlfriend and her little daughter and told that this was a great thing to see. Everyone cheering in the stands, eventhough we did not have a big team , and only 2 cheering in the stands being the 9 year old and her Mom , but she was still excited. She got to wave a Canadian flag that was borrowed from Ashcroft , until they took it back with all the bull**** started . Nice sportsmanship guys. Disgusting, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

This race was not for the champions, it was for the guys that participated the most. You guys said this was not personal, you better believe it you bastards that participated in this its personal.

For those of you that think Stefan is not a good enough bracet racer to to be in the race of champions STEP UP , ANYWHERE , ANYTIME . THE ONLY PERSON THIS WEEKEND ON TEAM ASHCROFT THAT EARNED MY RESPECT IS CURTIS MUNSON. I WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO HELP THIS guy. A LOT OF PEOPLE I THOUGHT WERE MY FREINDS ALSO PROVED THEIR WORTH and I am done with the rest of you.

As for the race of champions, it should be the guy that wins on Sunday as they have to go through every body ,not just the guy that attends the most races and ends up on the top of the points. Some of the best racers cant be at all the points events. Racing has changed and the rules need to be updated so the best guys can participate and not be penalised because they are supporting the NHRA by running divisional and national events. it has always been a believe of ours as you get better you try and move up, that does not mean you dont want to race with the guys you always raced with.

WE ALSO BELIEVE THAT YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO RACE ANYONE ON YOUR TEAM , BUT ANY OTHER TEAM WHETHER IT IS CANADIAN OR AMERICAN is fair game..

So any of you cry babies from Ashcroft that did not think we belonged there you should just have stepped up and sent us home.

Last edited by BILL KONDOLAY; 09-03-2008 at 02:24 PM.
BILL KONDOLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
DemonChick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bill I edited my comment...please read it.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:17 AM   #10
wildchild22

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoyracer View Post
...............I think that the Sportsman winner will not be allowed to go to Pomona to race in the national event it appears that he will be 21 days short of the age of 18.
Thank you everybody for all of the support.
But just to set the record straight my birthday landed 43 days shorts of the start of Pomona. Also the division 6 director is doingeverything he can to get me to Pomona. But as you know, this issue is WAY above the division director and he has very little say in the matter.
But once again thanks to everybody for all the support. I guess i'll just have to try again year.
wildchild22 is offline   Reply With Quote