HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-25-2020, 04:15 PM   #1
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts
Default Seattle National Event Cancelled

Just noticed on NHRA.com that the Seattle National Event has been cancelled for 2020.
Not good news for all us racers.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,228 Times in 595 Posts
Default Re: Seattle National Event Cancelled

Bummer. I had just seen the info and was going to post. Big blow to the Northwest Racers and everyone else in the area.

The info is also on the Pacific website. An article on the website tells the whole story. Big financial blow to Pacific Raceways.

Thanks for posting. Sorry it had to be done.

Last edited by Carguy49; 06-25-2020 at 05:07 PM. Reason: more to say
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #3
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts

One other thing I noticed in the press release with the cancelation was NHRA did not believe spectators would be allowed by the time the race was scheduled.
That tells me if spectators are not allowed at the National events several more of the events may be in trouble.
I think there may be several states which may hold up spectator participation and those spectators are what makes the National events profitable for both the NHRA and the tracks.
Our sport we all love may be in serious trouble this year which may keep it in trouble for the future.
I hope we can all get back on the track with spectators soon which will be good for everyone involved.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:12 PM   #4
BLAZER

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

I have a friend who lives in Vegas--Toby--said that he heard they want to put together a 215-Shootout--anybody else hear this?
BLAZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:57 PM   #5
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

Kind of a sidenote to the cancellation but when we were at the divisional race a couple of weeks ago, you couldn't help but notice the entire spectator parking lot is now a giant gravel quarry. Where exactly were they planning to park the spectators?
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 06-26-2020, 12:04 AM   #6
Jody Lang

Liked 81 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
Kind of a sidenote to the cancellation but when we were at the divisional race a couple of weeks ago, you couldn't help but notice the entire spectator parking lot is now a giant gravel quarry. Where exactly were they planning to park the spectators?
Great question.
Jody Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:32 AM   #7
Tom P

Liked 216 Times in 87 Posts

When I was at the swap meet there in February I asked about that. It's being developed into a racing business park to surround the track with friendly neighbors. Not the death knell.
I would imagine they have plans for parking some other spot. Not like the old days, I was parked in the middle of where the GoCart track is and that was full.

I was hoping the border was actually going to open July 21st like the latest plan and would be able to go to Seattle as the first time at a dragstrip this year (Mission won't allow spectators in case I wanted to see ten test and tune cars and talk to the twenty people allowed)

I am really curious how Dan Mercier from Quebec was at New England points meet last weekend... is there a motorsport exemption? Perhaps it is considered work related?
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:32 AM   #8
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
I bought my now 2021 tickets on the first day of sale to get VIP (the woods) parking because of the construction. They said they would "make up" for the lost space. Whatever that means.

Sidenote: The track is actually part of a massive sand and gravel mine that runs along highway 18 all the way to Auburn, so, yes, Jason can make up for the lost parking

Last edited by FireSale; 06-26-2020 at 01:39 AM.
FireSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:09 PM   #9
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,228 Times in 595 Posts

The area that is torn up is for the retail space garage rental business complex. A space that was for spectator parking and staging for the National Event. Hey, maybe they will build a parking garage for the spectators - HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day, sorry the national event went away.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #10
CMcAllister

Liked 745 Times in 206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy49 View Post
Sorry it had to be done.
No. It didn't.

Quote:
I am really curious how Dan Mercier from Quebec was at New England points meet last weekend... is there a motorsport exemption? Perhaps it is considered work related?
I believe I heard them say he got his stuff across the border earlier this year before it was closed. Don't believe any other Canadian cars were there.
CMcAllister is online now   Reply With Quote