HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #21
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: Need info for 1969 Hurst Super Stock AMXs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken keir View Post
I owned Pete's Patriot twice in the late 70s. Do I know you?
You should.....you did the 4 link and tubs in the 68 Camaro that I raced with Wally Knight back in "BKKRC". That was "Before Ken Kier Race Cars" existed....lol.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 12-14-2009 at 09:29 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #22
Dale Shannon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Need info for 1969 Hurst Super Stock AMXs

Didn't he have a corvette called skeeter's cheater? I remember the AMC. Hello Ken and Terry.
Dale Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #23
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Shannon View Post
Didn't he have a corvette called skeeter's cheater? I remember the AMC. Hello Ken and Terry.
Yes he did....Hi Ya back. Whew that was a long time ago. I think YOU (Dale) should get one of those new Mustangs and come out of retirement. It would be fun to see you,Jim Morgan, Danny Lattamore, Hawk and a few others pitted together and cutting on each other again.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #24
Dale Shannon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya that was some good times, but everybody is to serious about this stuff now,hell we never knew where the brake pedal was until after the finish line. Im old school I thought the game was to have the fastest car and if you got beat go home and work on your shxx and make it faster, now you just cry and bitch until somebody pencils you or them.
Dale Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #25
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Two stories (I'll keep 'em short) - My friend Neil Smedley was offered a SS/AMX ride in '69 as he held a record and they needed somebody for the upper state NY area. All giddy with excitement he drove his van to Michigan to pick up the car. They handed him a $5900 invoice. Neil thought it would be free , reminded them of who he was. Still, he drove home with his empty trailer.

Other coast. Frisbee Motors is offered a SS/AMX from the San Fran depot. It had been sitting awhile as another team walked from the sponsor deal & nobody wanted it for $5900. He got it cheaper as it was old inventory, raced it in the 1969 season and installed the 1970 sheetmetal and parts to convert it to a 1970 model along with a 1970 VIN tag; all provided by AMC with instructions to do so! Yes, all 1969 SS/AMX owners were provided for this by AMC. He raced it as a 1970 model until NHRA caught on and said "no". My friend Mark owns this car today and it's restored to race day 1970. SS/AMX #3

Sometime after Mr. Frisbee bought #3, the AMC depot again called him. They "found" another SS/AMX in the same parking garage. Found as if they didn't have record of receiving it! They offered it to Mr. Frisbee for $1700!
He refused as he was much to busy with Frisbee Motors and a few other race cars!

Mr. Frisbee is meeting Mark in a few weeks to be reunited with his old car for the first time in decades. I can't wait to see how the afternoon turns out.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #26
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Shannon View Post
Ya that was some good times, but everybody is to serious about this stuff now,hell we never knew where the brake pedal was until after the finish line. Im old school I thought the game was to have the fastest car and if you got beat go home and work on your shxx and make it faster, now you just cry and bitch until somebody pencils you or them.
Yes....It was a lot more fun back then and a lot less expensive.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #27
tbenvie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Been awhile since I posted here and was hoping someone may have found something of interest. I did find Jim Riley of Mich, but not his car. Last known it was blue with "Camrisers" on the rear quarter panel. Found the Beachy Brothers car from Kokomo, IN. Located some owners but not their cars such as Van Buskirk and Copey out of Oklahoma. I am looking for any and all photos of these cars-maybe in the pits as a background, staging lane, etc. Have found 43 cars, identified another 8 but location unknown. That leaves only 2 left!

Have a new website going up. Go to www.superstockamx.com and click on the link at the bottom to get to a placeholder site.

Thanks for any and all help.
tbenvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #28
tbenvie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I actually have the finished site up and running. A year or so to get it published, but I found a lot of prior owners, people with info on the cars, and even a few unknown cars. thanks for all the help. A lot of info-hope you enjoy it

http://www.superstockamx.com
Old 05-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #29
CycloneFE

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Tom,

Great website and you are correct, a LOT of information. I will e-mail you, you have a couple of pictures I took in there and I may have more and better ones for you.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #30
tbenvie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If anyone has a picture on my site let me know so I can give proper credit. Thanks