HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
Wade_Owens

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

2 of my friends are doing a family tree on every original hemi dart and cuda. They are without a doubt the most knowledgible on these cars. Ask for Mark Janaky or Dell Jones. most guys on here know them, too.....

If someone hasnt already, I can pm you their #'s...

Wade O
Wade_Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #12
Wayne Totaro

Liked 38 Times in 12 Posts

Daryl,

Call Del Jones 304-282-1019. He and Mark Janacky have more information on these cars(1968 Race Hemi Darts and Cudas) than anyone on the planet. I was the producer of the video/DVD titled The Ultimate 68 Race Hemi and have been to three of these reunions since 1992. Good Luck

Wayne
Wayne Totaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #13
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Wayne T & Wade O-Thankyou for the info.I know both Dell Jones & Mark Janaky very well.They both have been working hard on trying to find my cars identity.Mark has spent a very serious amount of time on the phone etc.,but still with no results.We are stuck at Lou Vignona & can't get no earlier.Oh ya Wayne,you will know my car as you did an interview on it in Carlisle in 1993 with the then owner Tim Hennessey.You also did an interview with the same car but with me as the owner in 2006 in Elkton,Mn.
Jimmi!!!!!!! Boy am I glad you checked this forum.I would like to speak to you if I could.I will PM you right away.

Thankyou
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
Liteweight
VIP Member

I spoke with Jimi Vignona today (Son of Lou).He gave me alot of good info on my car.One of the things he told me was that when Lou purchased the car in the early eighties he had it painted white by Paul Pittman.Does anyone have some info on him????.I believe he races in Comp. & he could be working for either Don Hardy or Jerry Bickel. I would like to see if he remembers anything on my car,like maybe the colors on it before it was sprayed.

Thankyou Daryl
Old 09-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #15
jarn05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi daryl, your car must have had the floor replaced in it by tim hennesey, my father recalled to me that when they got the car the entire hump for the trans was removed and had a quick remove hand made cover to access the trans quickly, he does not remember if it had a clutch pedal or not, call tim and ask him im sure he will tell you he put an entire floor pan in it.
jarn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #16
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Try this message board, these guys can tell you anything you want to know about a 68' package car www.moparts.org
Hemiparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #17
John Major

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Paul Pittman used to work for Don Ness. He is working out of his own shop now, Div. 5 comp racer & lives in MN. If needed I can get contacrt info from a friend.
John Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #18
Liteweight
VIP Member

Thumbs up Re: Original hemi dart information

John--Yes, I would appreciate a contact number for Mr. Pittman.Thankyou
Hemiparts-- I am a member of Moparts,I have not tryed to find the history there yet.It might be worth a try tho.
Jimi--I am 99.9% sure the floor has not been replaced on it.I do alot of that kind of work here in my shop,but I will have another look anyway.From what I remember the spot welds look untouched,& there is no provision for the clutch crosshaft mount on the framerail.I will look tommorrow.I will send you a picture thru your email address of an interior shot of the car when Tim just purchased it.The hump looks original for a Auto.

I really appreciate the input guys

Daryl
Old 09-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #19
John Major

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Check your PM,
John
John Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
Liteweight
VIP Member

- Jimi-I pulled the door sills today & peeled the carpet back.The floor has definately not been replaced or the tunnel has not been repaired.I also double checked to see if there was a bracket on the frame rail for the clutch crossshaft mount.There is none or there never was one installed.So that would lead me to believe it has never had any other trans in it other than a automatic.
-John- Thankyou for the contact #'s.I did get hold of Paul today & he was helpfull with some info.He did tell me that prior to him stripping the paint off the car in the early eighties,he thought it had a red & silver paint scheme on it.
I have some pictures here of an original Hemi Dart from the early 70's that is red & silver.It was called "Wildfire".Does anyone remember a car like this???? I can send pix out to anyone who is interested

Thankyou
Daryl