Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-06-2023, 08:14 AM   #21
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: Blinder/Blocker clarification needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Mr. Future, it’s a lil harder to use a factory sun visor when you have a full cage in the car …
There is a sun visor I believe is from a jeep that has a small bar type through the sun visor that you can use a hose clamp to the bar above the windshield that worked perfect all you do when after the run flip it up very simple and effective according to the rule i will try and find out the part number . it was a long time ago i got this sun visor I will also try and post a picture ,not sure how to do this on this web site ??
OK Just goggle jeep sun visor and there are many to choose from i just did that they will work perfect except when running against me lol

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 02-06-2023 at 08:19 AM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:26 AM   #22
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,034 Times in 271 Posts

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we see the unintended consequences of an egregiously poor decision on the part of NHRA.

Instead of a new rule, all that was necessary, if the concern is actually safety, was to:

A. Inspect all blinders in tech, force the removal of anything that doesn't fit the rules, and issue warnings, that any blinder in place while not on the track is an immediate, non arguable DQ.

B. Have the same staff that monitors scales and fuel check verify that all blinders are out of the way when the vehicle leaves the track, and issue DQ's to ALL violators.

Problem solved. No questions, no new rules, no arguments, and no goofy crap on the starting line.
Old 02-06-2023, 10:26 AM   #23
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts

I don’t use a blinder or deep stage
That being said
Too fukin bad get over it
No blinder is what is is.
Nooooooooo
The world we live in is about who’s the biggest crybaby and let’s appease them
Let just go racing already

And there is no tech so it will be up to us racers to enforce

Can’t wait till someone using a hand held blinder is tossed out on a win for using one

Deal with it.

Let’s do a Classracer poll. To see how many racers use it

Bet it’s a small minority.

Can’t wait to rat someone out
Old 02-06-2023, 11:26 AM   #24
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,449 Times in 1,954 Posts

Make a visor spacer very similar to a carb space for roll cage clearance. Will the visor be model specific or just fitting under the corporate umbrella? Clarification please.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:48 AM   #25
SS734

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Any updates or rulings from Orlando?

I the way I read the rule:

Anything found in your car that that can be used for blinding and is not the factory sun visor is grounds for DQ at anytime?
SS734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:54 AM   #26
Mike McCandless

Liked 55 Times in 17 Posts

I'm curious how you legislate someone holding up their hand to block? If they aren't holding an actual object, but just have their hand up, surely that can't be illegal.
Mike McCandless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:00 PM   #27
FLEMING

Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McCandless View Post
I'm curious how you legislate someone holding up their hand to block? If they aren't holding an actual object, but just have their hand up, surely that can't be illegal.

THIS!! I blocked like this for YEARS! As a kid I saw Bertozzi and Harrington do it this way and thought it was genius so I started doing the same.. I dont see how they can say you cannot do it this way...
FLEMING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:19 PM   #28
KennyAnderson

Liked 234 Times in 80 Posts

The blinder police were out in force this weekend at OSW. There was a NHRA person at the head of the lanes checking as you pulled out. Most ridiculous was they made someone with a nice new Impact helmet remove the shield because the thin decal at the top of the shield where it said Impact..... constituted a blinder!! LOL!!

I really don't have a dog in this fight as I don't block but I do have one ask. Please NHRA if you are going to use a divider board on the tree... at least put one up the WORKS!! Even the National event tree has one but it isn't long enough. I can still see my opponents tree come down clear as day. There was no Divider/Blinder on the tree this weekend for Q1. After being reminded they put it on..... but it was useless.
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-06-2023, 01:19 PM   #29
GTS340

Liked 1,069 Times in 334 Posts

Soon we'll all need cameras in the car for monitoring. Then again some old videos show some crazy blinders in the past. Some of the one I seen are/were rediculous. When you have to move your head just to see the water box attendant. Might be time to stop it.

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 01:50 PM   #30
Hefler

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
There is a sun visor I believe is from a jeep that has a small bar type through the sun visor that you can use a hose clamp to the bar above the windshield that worked perfect all you do when after the run flip it up very simple and effective according to the rule i will try and find out the part number . it was a long time ago i got this sun visor I will also try and post a picture ,not sure how to do this on this web site ??
OK Just goggle jeep sun visor and there are many to choose from i just did that they will work perfect except when running against me lol
Don i could be wrong but i wouldn't think the above would be legal according to the rule unless im missing something.

"Unaltered OEM sun visor mounted in OEM location permitted."
Hefler is offline   Reply With Quote