HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds

Old 12-05-2017, 12:03 AM   #11
mike britt

Liked 43 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Window Tint?

Thanks for all the info. I had all the glass out and on a table. Both side are done and reassembled now. Moving on to the back glass which has defroster lines in it. Not sure they're going to be there when I get done.
mike britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 12:36 PM   #12
jackybrown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd be the guy who took the car to the professional refinishers and told them to do whatever they wanted with it. I can't afford to drive an extra day without glass
jackybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 05:58 PM   #13
RekidaSmart

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to bring up this old topic again, but I would like to say that dealing with old window tinting can be tricky. Instead of using ammonia and a razor blade, you can use a steam cleaner or heat gun to gently heat the tint. This will help loosen it without causing harm. Another option is a spray tint remover or an adhesive remover specifically designed for this purpose. A few months ago, this was the way I removed my tint and started using the sunblinds I ordered from snapshades.com, as they are more convenient for me. Just remember to follow the instructions carefully. Patience and the right tools will help you remove the old tint without any problems.

Last edited by RekidaSmart; 06-05-2023 at 09:13 AM.
RekidaSmart is offline   Reply With Quote